Need some help reading and understanding this electrical diagram

The linux install will overwrite the drive for you I believe- you don't need to erase it first
That little rectangular symbol is the circuit breaker I'm pretty sure, and yes it might be the only problem (but I'm doubtful)

I verified the Breaker is working and getting 110 volts in and out on the Al/CE 500D power feed and it looks like a capacitor is blown. I can see a crack in the side of it. Soon as I go outside and get a longer screwdriver, I will pull the board out of it so I can do a thorough check of the board. The one in the video I am posting is a different brand that was on my McClane mill when I bought. It only would work in one direction. Someone had cut the limit switch off the end of the cable. I wired all the wires together and now it operates left and right and has good speed control with the POT. My question is should I run it on 110 volts or 220 volts. I have run it in the house tonight on 110 volts and it works okay but smells like something is getting hot. This is the only one that I have seen that is 220 volts and it has a normal 110 volt plug on it. Anyone else have one that runs on 220 volts?

Now That I have the board out I need help finding one of these Varistors. The first picture shows the one that is blown and the second one shows the part number of the other one on the board that is still good. I am pretty sure I can remove and re-solder a new one to the board. Thanks in advance. IMG_1978.JPGIMG_1988.JPGIMG_1988.JPG

@ltlvt - If the Varistor did its job, it might be there is no further damage to other components. But, checking the other stuff would seem prudent. The Varistor is supposed to provide some protection against voltage surges and spikes. 220 on a 110 circuit would apply here, I think.

As to the diagram, the cross bars on a line that are not connected on one side, signify a diode. The board seems well-marked with the component designations.

Mageia Linux used here for the past 15 years! No regrets in moving away from Windows. I do have Win10 installed on one of my IBM Thinkpad (T61) hard drives; if I need Windows, I just swap out the HD. Some application/program designers still haven't gotten off the proprietary Windows train.

Are you sure they are varistors, they are in series with the power line, A MOV would be across the line and to ground. The schematic would suggest that they are ceramic safety capacitors line to ground 0.001uF? The picture is too fuzzy to make out the blue component numbers, can you indicate what is written on them as to part number and/or value.
You may need to replace the circuit board at the end of the day if not a simple fix:

X1/Y2 0.001uF (1000 pF) Safety Ceramic Disc Capacitors link below is for10 MM Voltage Rating AC: 400 VAC

@ltlvt - If the Varistor did its job, it might be there is no further damage to other components. But, checking the other stuff would seem prudent. The Varistor is supposed to provide some protection against voltage surges and spikes. 220 on a 110 circuit would apply here, I think.

As to the diagram, the cross bars on a line that are not connected on one side, signify a diode. The board seems well-marked with the component designations.

Mageia Linux used here for the past 15 years! No regrets in moving away from Windows. I do have Win10 installed on one of my IBM Thinkpad (T61) hard drives; if I need Windows, I just swap out the HD. Some application/program designers still haven't gotten off the proprietary Windows train.
I have done a visual inspection and tested the Varistor with a meter and it test bad. I see no other visual issues but when replacement Varistor gets here I will replace it and then try the power feed. If it does not work, then I will start texting all the other components.

I have not got Linux Mint installed yet. I think it is because I etched the drive before formatting it. I have a couple more USB disc coming and will try again and see if it makes a difference. I am wanting to use Linux to install on some old machines I have. I got to thinking about installing it on my desktop, but I remembered all the sites that know me on this desktop like Amazon and Ebay not including the forums I am subscribed to. I've kept a list of passwords but as we all know many of those old passwords have changed and I did not document every change. Right now, I am trying to boot a hard drive that has windows 7 on it and it keeps asking me for a password and gives me the hint to the old password, but the old password does not work. The hard drive is about a 2010 version. I have gone into the bios and changed the passwords and saved but still not letting the drive boot up successfully. Always stops at the password. BTW my son is very Computer and Linux savvy and would help me, but I am trying to get it done by myself. I'll be 72 years old in April and this is one of my goals is to self-teach myself some electronics troubleshooting and some software trouble shooting. Thanks for your kind advice.

Are you sure they are varistors, they are in series with the power line, A MOV would be across the line and to ground. The schematic would suggest that they are ceramic safety capacitors line to ground 0.001uF? The picture is too fuzzy to make out the blue component numbers, can you indicate what is written on them as to part number and/or value.
You may need to replace the circuit board at the end of the day if not a simple fix:

X1/Y2 0.001uF (1000 pF) Safety Ceramic Disc Capacitors link below is for10 MM Voltage Rating AC: 400 VAC
I have verified the part number and yes, it is a MOV and have a package of 10 on order from Ebay. Hopefully it will be an easy repair. if not, I will buy another board. Thanks for the reply and information.

If all you want is to be able to access data on your Win7 box you can boot linux from an external flash drive or live CD. Then mount the Win7 HD and you should be able to retrieve your data.

I did that with an old Windows computer we had. The Mobo died but fortunately did not take the HD with it. I did eventually figure out how to reinstall Windows so it didn't freak out due to the new Mobo but it was nice to be able to back up the data before embarking on that potentially risky procedure.

BTW that was the incident which turned me into a linux convert. The Ubuntu distro did all we wanted and then some, so we kicked Bill to the curb.

If all you want is to be able to access data on your Win7 box you can boot linux from an external flash drive or live CD. Then mount the Win7 HD and you should be able to retrieve your data.

I did that with an old Windows computer we had. The Mobo died but fortunately did not take the HD with it. I did eventually figure out how to reinstall Windows so it didn't freak out due to the new Mobo but it was nice to be able to back up the data before embarking on that potentially risky procedure.

BTW that was the incident which turned me into a linux convert. The Ubuntu distro did all we wanted and then some, so we kicked Bill to the curb.
I have tried to boot with the Linux USB but not having any luck. Are you saying I should remove the hard drive that has windows 7 on it and booting from Linux with out the hard drive installed in the machine? That is the only thing I have not tried yet. The machine is a Toshiba NB500

The diodes have a safe reverse voltage so unless you kept it running it should be ok change the caps as the might have been damaged. It does not seem to have any IC in there. Max you will have to go old school and pull the elements out and measure them one by one. Also try to get a proper schematic. Also check the resistance of the transformers winding. Without a proper schematic as the others have said it will be pretty difficult in troubleshooting. Do you have the serial number tags etc from the unit or the pcb front back etc. post them here and I will give them a look

Back