New 101.07403 owner checking in!

Welcome
If you decide on the 3/4 hp DC when looking for a drive make sure it will work with the style of motor you have
I use several types on my machines.
Permanent field magnet.Easiest to hook up dynamic braking(works awesome on my bigger lathe)
If your motor has separate field hookup make sure the voltage is the same as your supply(some are 100/50 vdc I think they call them shunt
wound)
The link to iron horse lists the options (some of my dc drives only work on permanent magnet motors no field
terminals)

Back to the Mica Undercutter, it mounts on the cross-slide dovetail, not the tool post. Which means that the cutter rotation axis is 90 degrees from what you have to have for a tool post grinder. Plus the motor is much too small to use as a tool post grinder.

I have the same lathe without the QCGB. Mine is also green, but it looks like it was re-painted with some metallic sparkle paint. I just left it! In fact, I bought some other parts that were missing and painted them the same metallic sparkle green. PM me or post if you need anything. I just restored my lathe and it was a fun process. My restoration thread is around here somewhere.

Back