New guy here

Welcome...I have one of those “can’t say the name” machines for fear of great reprisals.

They put up with me here, so they allow anyone.

Welcome. Lots of folks own an Atlas. Even Mr. Pete. He is as American as steak and kidney pie :)
If you don’t want a project lathe and you need one, you Buy what is available.
I’m in the market myself. Fortunately I’m not in a big hurry. I keep telling myself that.

Thanks everyone! NASA hasn’t asked me to make parts for em yet, so at the moment my little Atlas is all I need. Great for “one off” parts and tools. I just yesterday used it to fix a taper on a hydraulic motor. Before that, I made a compression test adaptor for a Deutz diesel. Handy thing to have in the shop. I started my business fixing concrete pumps but it’s evolved into other things, like skid steers, generators, engine rebuilds and industrial machine repair. Right now in the shop is a Yanmar diesel for rebuild, a Toro Dingo (that was the taper fix), an Airplaco mud jack, and a Lever tape spitter for repair. I do a fair bit of welding and fabrication as well. I like to things that interest me, so lots of different stuff!

Thanks everyone! NASA hasn’t asked me to make parts for em yet, so at the moment my little Atlas is all I need. Great for “one off” parts and tools. I just yesterday used it to fix a taper on a hydraulic motor. Before that, I made a compression test adaptor for a Deutz diesel. Handy thing to have in the shop. I started my business fixing concrete pumps but it’s evolved into other things, like skid steers, generators, engine rebuilds and industrial machine repair. Right now in the shop is a Yanmar diesel for rebuild, a Toro Dingo (that was the taper fix), an Airplaco mud jack, and a Lever tape spitter for repair. I do a fair bit of welding and fabrication as well. I like to things that interest me, so lots of different stuff!
Welcome to the forum from one new member to another. Your repair business sounds impressive. Looking forward to following your threads.

Welcome, I don't think anyone here gets real hung up on brands of machines. Although there are a few here that will tell you just how much you suck when you find that diamond in the rough machine tool that we all want!!! Sounds like you have an interesting shop, variety of work keeps one from getting bored!

You'll find we are more interested in WHAT you do with your machines that what MACHINES you do it with.

Back