New Kurt Vise Discount

They still have some and I just pulled the trigger on one. $410.90 + free shipping. It's going on my Bridgeport series II special. My old Bridgeport 6" vise will go to the storage shelf for the rare times I might ever need a swivel base.

Dang those Kurt swivel bases are expensive!

They still have some and I just pulled the trigger on one. $410.90 + free shipping. It's going on my Bridgeport series II special. My old Bridgeport 6" vise will go to the storage shelf for the rare times I might ever need a swivel base.

Dang those Kurt swivel bases are expensive!
Enjoy it, I've used mine a few times now and love it! Yeah, the Kurt accessories are pretty pricey. I have a rotary table so I figured I could use that instead of a swivel base if need be.
I recommend getting the keys that align the vise to the tee slot.

I figured the same. My 12" rotary table will fit fine. I did not order the keys yet. Still up in the air about if I ever liked them. But if I do, I'll get them at the black friday sale at enco. Now to find a grade a surface plate 18x 24 that won't break the bank on shipping.

I always just make the keys myself. Sometimes I have been in a hurry,and just made ROUND keys on my lathe. They can be made from drill rod and hardened. For home shop use,they work just fine and last many years(I never have had to replace one). Obviously they are by design,inferior to rectangular keys,but they have worked fine for my use on a few vises. Make them a snug fit in your table's slots.

This assumes that your mill table's slots are in fine shape,and free of stray cuts,etc. that would make round keys not work.

Most of the time I just take rectangular stock and mill it down to make normal keys. You might want to try the round ones too.

$150.00 odd is a fantastic deal!! Fill the sand holes with some JB Weld and they will not be very noticeable.

Mine arrived today. I'll be danged if I can find a single porosity, even behind the jaws or on the bottom. The paint was chipped good on one corner, but that is all I could find. That is a 12" rotary table behind it. These scratch-n-dents are pretty good bargains.

DSCN0351resize1.jpg

Last edited:
Back