New member from Kumanovo, Macedonia, Europe

GoceKU

Registered
Registered
Hello to everyone i'm a new member of this forum, i've taken bigger interest in machining as of this year, i'm a car guy since i can remember, and that procute of speed and power has guided me in this branch, i own a lathe, stanko 1K62, medium in size but extremely heavy duty and very powerful (11KW) motor, and i'm learning machining on my own.
DSC_0002.JPG DSC_0014.JPG DSC_0028.JPG

Last edited:
Да, I'm very satisfied with the power and precision.DSC_0018.JPG DSC_0014.JPG

Welcome to the site. The information available here will be a great help to anyone who is learning on there own. I know it has helped me immensely. Cheers, Mike

I want to share my first experience with my lathe, late last year, couple pictures are when i first went to look and test it out, i brought a round piece of 30 mm 4140, and the machinist who was selling the lathe said what you going to do with that, pick your teeth, you need a bigger piece to see what a real lathe will do, so i help him lift this big piece and chuck it up and he dial in an 9 mm depth of cut and engage the feed, the lathe cue it up at only 40%, then he showed me how precise it is and i was impressed, you can see there was absolutely no paint on the lathe from hard work, after nearly rolling over a 3 ton forklift unloading it, i did a cosmetic restoration and a full service and all new wiring, now is back for some hard work.DSC_0011.JPG DSC_0008.JPG DSC_0009.JPG DSC_0001.JPG DSC_0014.JPG DSC_0018.JPG

You have an exceptional lathe! You have also picked an exceptional site for individual learning. In this group you will find some professional machinists interested in helping new comers to the hobby. I have personally found no question that "is to dumb" someone will assist in the basics and I have appreciated that.
Have a good day
Ray

Well done Gocek KU you have a really nice lathe, now you need an equally nice drilling machine, milling machine & Shaping machine collecting nice machine tools is most important!

Back