New member from Kumanovo, Macedonia, Europe

Hello to everyone i'm a new member of this forum, i've taken bigger interest in machining as of this year, i'm a car guy since i can remember, and that procute of speed and power has guided me in this branch, i own a lathe, stanko 1K62, medium in size but extremely heavy duty and very powerful (11KW) motor, and i'm learning machining on my own.
View attachment 237622View attachment 237623View attachment 237624
Hi, this is a good machine. My favorite brand. Simple and versatile

I'm very satisfied with it, only complaint is the noise, sounds like an airplane spooling for take off, but the power and precision makes up for it.

Welcome...my love of cars brought me to this forum as well and a new lathe and mill!

Last edited:
I've seen lots of pics of your lathe in other posts, but did not know anything else about it. It is so stout for its size! I like how the make is the "red proletariat"!

I've passed through Kumanovo and the surrounding areas, even been up in the mountains nearby doing Army stuff after the fall of Yugoslavia. Macedonia is such a beautiful country, I would love to get back there and see how far things have come.

Have fun with the Niva!

I've passed through Kumanovo and the surrounding areas, even been up in the mountains nearby doing Army stuff after the fall of Yugoslavia. Macedonia is such a beautiful country, I would love to get back there and see how far things have come.

Have fun with the Niva!

The fall of Yugoslavia, that is the early 90's, a lot has changed since then, but the basics are the same, still the same good hospitable people
, nature is still clean and beautiful.

Thanks, the plan is to take the Niva in the far depths of the mountains, where the nature is pristine.

Back