New mill

Wow that is pretty! I'd love to see one of those running in person some time...

Bernie

Bill I have ran the mill to do a couple of small jobs. So far I am really pleased with it. I have found a new old stock power feed for the long table. I am trying to figure out how to mount it. One thing I am planning on making a heavier stand to mount it on or re do the stand that came with it. It is a nice looking stand but not heavy enough . It is top heavy. Do you have any experience mounting a table power feed?

No, I haven't had the pleasure of attempting a power feed install, sorry. Someday though. :)

Good to know about the base. My plan is to mount mine on a nice heavy gauge tool box with leveling legs, similar to my setup with my lathe. This puts the machine up a little higher. Good for someone 6'3". :)

I can use the stand the mill comes with for something else.

What size vise did you go with?

Bill

Wow that is pretty! I'd love to see one of those running in person some time...

Bernie

It's not bad eh?

For those of us who are space/weight constrained, I think this machine should be a good trade-off for me: big enough to handle my small(er) projects, but easy enough to move around if I have to. I think the 30 (next size up) might be too much for me to manhandle. I'm getting too old...

I'd LOVE to have one of PM's new PM-949Vs and a RML-1440v but that won't ever happen. So, I just use what I can. Beats not having anything. :DRML-14

Bill I got the kit he offered. Set of r8 collets, set of clamp down and 4inch vice. I was pleasantly surprised with the vice. Pretty good for the dollars spent.

Ken: How deep is your machine? I 'might' be able to move up my timetable regarding getting this thing and am wondering how big a tool box lower to get. Thanks.

Bill

I have the power feed on my G0704 witch is the same mill. here is the instructions.

Attachments

• T23010_Installation.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 135
Thanks KD.
William the base is 13 inch deep.
The base and the back column is 16 inch deep.
If you count the handles it is 23 inch deep.
It would set on anything at least 16 deep just fine might have to set away from back wall a couple of inches to clear handle? Hope this helps.i am really enjoying mine but I do plan on mounting it something more solid and larger than the stand that came with it. The stand is nice just not wide and heavy enough in my opinion.

Thanks Ken, that means it will fit nicely on a 18" deep tool box lower. As the mill has a smaller footprint than my lathe of similar weight, I'm thinking a 3/8" thick piece of plate the size of the tool box might be the ticket. For my lathe I used a 42x18 piece of 3/4" plywood with a couple of 1/2" aluminum risers under the lathe itself.

The use of toolbox lowers gives me drawers to keep tools and stuff in too. :)

Ken, (or Ray if you see this)

I see the hi/lo knob on the side of the head so I know it's a gear drive inside the head. Are these metal gears? Are the spindle drive gears metal as well?

I sent an email to PM asking for more info on the PM30 but I'm not sure I want to deal with a machine that large/heavy, and I haven't heard back anyways.

Yours seems a good compromise between my little LMS and the PM-30 long table. :)

Any and all information you can provide will help. If this violates the sites policies, send me a personal msg.

Edit: Do you know if a power feed is available for this mill?

Bill

Back