new (old) logan 920

Well, being in TX, parts machines might be a little scarce....I didn't take that into consideration when I posted my last reply. Logan's are fairly plentiful in northern IL. I guess it depends on how patient you are. If you want it right away it will probably cost you more. I would want to make sure the parts from a 10" were interchangeable with an 11" before buying parts on ebay.

Chuck

I've gotten a phase II QCTP for it and am still looking for a tailstock since I doubt there will be much straight shank tooling available. The 10" tailstocks will fit on the ways so I plan to just make an aluminum spacer for the tailstock to sit ontop of to get the proper height. Ideally, I would also get a compound but those are even more scarce than tailstocks.

I think your biggest problem would just be alignment. The Atlas has flat ways and your Logan has one vee way.

There are a couple of yahoo Logan forums. Have you joined them? Someone on those lists may be able to help with parts. Also, Joe at Plaza Machinery my have a tailstock.

Hope that helps.

Steve

I've asked on the yahoo group with the only suggestions broadening my search slightly but still nothing. I'll see what this turns up, it looks promising. Lets hope that its not too much. Does anyone know if the ways and nut for the double t slot cross slide are the same as the 9" compound?

Back