New Pm 1340gt Has Finally Arrived

Thanks Mark and Bill. Think I'll try and file a cross in the tip and see if that helps. And yes the machine was tight buts it's getting better.

Something else I just thought of: I had issues with my threading lever on the apron requiring a very substantial yank to get it to move up or down. Turns out that under the threading dial, there are some setscrews that can be adjusted to smooth out the movement of the half-nuts. I think it was Mark that pointed me to that one. :)

Something else I just thought of: I had issues with my threading lever on the apron requiring a very substantial yank to get it to move up or down. Turns out that under the threading dial, there are some setscrews that can be adjusted to smooth out the movement of the half-nuts. I think it was Mark that pointed me to that one. :)
I will keep that in mind. The half-nuts on mine actually move very smooth and engage well. The stiffest thing on mine was the carriage direction knob. The more I use it the better it gets though. Had to remove all the paint over spray on the knobs as well.

Very nice setup Randy. Welcome to the forum, it's nice to have another Utahn in the group.

Mike.

Randbo, Had the same thing in my life and relate to the recovery period. Great pics and shop.

Back