New PM-728V-T Mill

Not young... just seem to have missed that one, somehow.

The Tormachs look out of my price range. Think I'll keep reading some more...

1593648181057.png

Robert

Mine's on the truck somewhere south of Charlotte. Can't wait...

I have not fully set up this mill yet, but I found one thing I don't particularly like. The coarse feed on the spindle feels very rough. I can feel the tooth engagement on the column and it feels like an old cheap Chinese drill press. I do not think this will affect function but it is certainly not as smooth as my Clausing drill press or any old worn out Bridgeport I have used. Can someone else who owns the 728 comment here? Does your coarse feed feel similar?
Robert

I'm looking forward to the PM-728 CNC hardware kit. I for one would not want any particular electronics package included, there are too many choices in motors, electronics and software. I've already collected most of that but a bolt-in hardware kit would really reduce the risk and effort of the mechanics. It's July now so hopefully we're getting close on this kit.

A thing of beauty...

IMG_20200709_164932.jpg

Could some of you youngsters come over to help pick it up and put it on the base?

On a side note, in anticipation of receiving this mill, I purchased a Kurt DX4, all I can say is wow! Light years different from my 3" generic import.

Hey Tio Loco- could you comment on the smoothness of your spindle feed with the large handles.

Robert

Back