New Shop, Just Moved In

Matabele,

Thanks tons for that link. I really like the compact peg-board cabinet idea. I don't have a lot of wall space for easily accessible hanging stuff like wrenches, hand saws, large files, etc.

Happy new year to all!

Cheers,

Tom

Well, that space is acceptable as the initial move-in, but future pics should show it stuffed to the gills, walls totally covered with stuff, trails from one end to the other and with little narrow spur trails to machines, all bench space occupied by current, future or past projects, in-process, etc. That way people will know you are bonafide. Way too tidy in the current configuration.

Actually that's close to a dream shop. I'll have to look into those sheds when I move back home. Congrats!!

I've used the peg board and it works pretty well. But it limits you to the hangers, great for lots of stuff, not so good for others. Nice to have a mix of that and shop built wall storage.

Nice job, at first I was not a believer in LED lights but they rule, also all machine lights are leds, no more
burned arms stay cool costs nothing to operate..

new shop.jpg

GK,

That is a very nice looking shop! I really like my LED lights. The absence of the flourescent flicker is a great benefit.

Cheers,

Tom

WONDERFUL WORKSPACE YOU HAVE THERE ! I LIKE THE ORGANIZATION AND BENCH SPACE .
YOU MUST KNOW YOUR STUFF IF YOU HAVE A GERSTNER BOX .

ONE THING CONCERNS ME . IT LOOKS LIKE RAIN WATER RUNNING OFF THE ROOF OF THE GARAGE
WILL SPLASH ONTO & RUN DOWN THE WALL OF THE SHOP LIKE A WATERFALL .

DO YOU PLAN TO PUT A GUTTER IN THERE ?

RIM,

Thank you for your kudos. As far as knowing what I am doing...

Regarding rain water: the water is diverted from the garage roof onto to the shop roof and then into a gutter. There is a large bit of flashing that has been installed between the two buildings to (hopefully) ensure the water runs the right way. Of course, water finds a way to invade regardless of ones plans.

Cheers,

Tom

This 10x20 is exactly the addition I plan on doing this summer! This post is a great visual for me. The only real differences are the ceiling height and amount of Windows.

Back