[Mill] New Siber Hegner Rb-1 Milling Machine

Wow compared to the mills out there this baby is tops, up there with a real Bridgeport style. Looks almost as heavy as one too. Congrats on you new baby. With envy I wish you the best.

That's El Hefe... (the Boss) ;)

And that mill IS as heavy as a BP, about 2200 lbs if I remember correctly. There's on on flea-bay for about $3500 if you're looking for one Brooks. Just trying to help. :D

Ha "El Jefe" that's what I'll name the mill!

That's El Hefe... (the Boss) ;)

And that mill IS as heavy as a BP, about 2200 lbs if I remember correctly. There's on on flea-bay for about $3500 if you're looking for one Brooks. Just trying to help. :D

Of course you are Bill. I bought a new truck yesterday, so my tool purchases will be reduced for a little while. I have not bought a vehicle in 10 years, OMG $50K for a truck?

Thanks to the help from my fiends Scotty and Matt, I finally got the mill into the basement, It took the better part of two days. Rigging supplies from Mc Master Carr & Harbor Freight. Oh, I also got the surface grinder down there as well. Mill 02.jpg Mill 03.jpg Mill 04.jpg Mill 05.jpg Mill 06.jpg Mill 07.jpg Mill 08.jpg Mill 10.jpg Mill 11.jpg Mill 12.jpg Mill 13.jpg Mill 14.jpg
Now to reassemble it.... Mill 09.jpg Mill 15.jpg

That looks like a lot of work. Nice job getting it all down there in one piece. Mike

Thanks Mike, It's what I consider fun hard work :)
Eddy

Well not exactly "down there in one piece", as it looks more like it arrived 'in pieces' (ok, maybe getting a bit picky here...). :)

Quite the rigging job. And your pics of those pieces are eye candy to me.

After looking at the heft of that column, base, head interface, etc. I'd say who needs a knee mill? You say you got that new? Does he have another? :D

Bill,
I originally planed on moving it into the basement in one piece (with the table removed) as I have a 2 ton trolly mounted chain hoist. However, I would have had to purchase an I beam, posts and build a much sturdier gantry. That would have delayed the move by a couple of weeks as I only get to the house on the weekends. I saw the tripod supports at HF and already had the electric hoist, modified (MMC) to trolly in the strut channel, so I figured it would be quicker to get it indoors by taking it apart. Of course the flip side is I now have to reassemble it in the low ceiling basement...
Actually the dealer (Richlin Machinery, Farmingdale, NY) has one more of these machines about 90% complete, it's missing the motor and manual components for the Z Axis. The rest of the machine is new, ways, lead screws, head, etc. The Z Axis motor would be easy to add, the manual Z mechanism would be a bit more work but doable.

Back