New To Machining ... As A Hobby

Thanks everyone. Did I mention that me, two other guys and a dolly moved them from my garage...up 4 stairs to the house and then down an L-shaped flight of stairs to the basement.

Luckily, based on many videos I had rented an engine hoist...there was no way we could lift the lathe onto the bench (and get the drip pan underneath it).

We did get the mill up without the hoist, but the weight is much more evenly distributed.

Glad no one was injured and the machines were unscathed.

Next step (after making a bunch of cabinets and drawers) is a power drawbar...I like the pneumatic air cylinder version that Hossmachine (Daniel Kemp) came up with based on a design from the LittleMachineShop. Here is the link for those interested http://www.hossmachine.info/projects_7.html#power drawbar

Bought a larger bore cylinder so I can shorten the lever and make it more compact.

Will post pictures as I progress.

Al

Hello neighbour and welcome to the site!

It is good to see a strong Canuk contingent here.

-brino

Hello neighbour and welcome to the site!

It is good to see a strong Canuk contingent here.

-brino

Nice to e-meet you. I am in Stittsville and often go to/through Almonte in summer on our way to Cedar Cove on White Lake. Great to meet a fellow hobbiest so close, I see a beer at the Barley Mow on the river in the future :)

Cheers

Al

Back