New TouchDRO install on column mill - critiques and suggestions sought

nice work on everything, I also like the roof drip rail repurposed.

How is the setup working. I have a set of igaging scales that I picked up cheap and I'm debating whether of not to go the TouchDRO setup for my lathe.
@ycroosh Does the Touch DRO allow the measurement to show diameter reduction instead of direct measurement?

How is the setup working. I have a set of igaging scales that I picked up cheap and I'm debating whether of not to go the TouchDRO setup for my lathe.
@ycroosh Does the Touch DRO allow the measurement to show diameter reduction instead of direct measurement?
David,
In "lathe" mode it has a button to switch between radius and diameter reading.
Regards
Yuriy

On my mill I had some of the flickering/numerical jumping about issues that others have reported, likely related to the DRO being on the same power circuit as the 2hp motor. I have since built a VFD controller with a 3 phase motor that is supplied from a separate circuit and which has an EMI filter in the control box. While I have just finished that project recently and have only an hour or so of use since, this seemed to clear that up.

Thanks Yuriy!
You're welcome

To answer the second part of your question (which I ignored) - current version of the app has pretty basic Lathe functionality. You get radius/dimeter reading, a way to store sub-datums (points), and a bugger display.

The new version (which will be ready for "private testing" [hopefully] in a week or two has much more lathe-centric functionality, particularly a more full-featured graphical view, "boundaries" and easy tool swapping. I'm planning to add more "creature comfort" to the lathe mode type of stuff in the coming months.

Regards
Yuriy

You're welcome

To answer the second part of your question (which I ignored) - current version of the app has pretty basic Lathe functionality. You get radius/dimeter reading, a way to store sub-datums (points), and a bugger display.

The new version (which will be ready for "private testing" [hopefully] in a week or two has much more lathe-centric functionality, particularly a more full-featured graphical view, "boundaries" and easy tool swapping. I'm planning to add more "creature comfort" to the lathe mode type of stuff in the coming months.

Regards
Yuriy
Thanks Yuriy, I have yet to install the scales so the timing may work out in my favour.

@Tomzo
If you don't mind me asking, what scales did you use?
I just got a HF 33686 from my brother and I think a TouchDRO set-up is going to be added soon.

Joe

I got iGaging scales from Anytime tools

I still have the readout units but doubt there is an aftermarket for them. Unfortunately they would not just sell the scales without the readouts.

Thanks for the quick reply. Now to free up some time to dive into this project...

Back