• June Project of the Month (Click "x" at right to dismiss)
[4]

Nitrile Way Cover Material

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

robotwizard

Does anyone know of a good source for the Nitrile Way Cover material like is used on the PM727? Would neopreme rubber be similar?

tweinke

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
I have the same question, my cover has torn and would also like to add one on the front too.

rdean

Active User
I have tried several different types of material over the years and have found that a piece of tread off a treadmill works the best. It is easy to cut, very flexible and tough.

Ray

jbolt

Active User
I have been using the 1/8" Buna-N rubber sheet on my PM-932 CNC conversion for about three years now and it has held up extremely well.

francist

Active User
Interesting. Silicone, you think?
80 thou thick, wonder if it's very tear resistant. Or if it has that kind of "sticky" grippy feel.

-frank

Tozguy

Active User
Product description says quote:
Join thousands of satisfied people who use barbecue grill mats prevent your food from falling through the grate or between the bars of their grills turn any grill surface into a non-stick cook top.
  • 100% non stick - protect your BBQ grill and BBQ parts with these revolutionary 100% non stick grilling sheets, nothing at all will stick to this grill mat
  • Excellent temperature resistance - continuous working from -100°F to +500°F (-70°C +260°C) up to 380°C
  • No mess - more grilling and less cleaning up
  • Durable and reusable - unbeatable lifetime no questions guarantee
  • FDA approved and dishwasher safe - all of our BBQ accessories are approved by the FDA and are safe for use on the top shelf of your dishwasher
unquote.

Sounds promising for durability...lifetime guarantee. I have not tried it though.

kvt

Active User
I have some that I made out of the Silicon oven mats that I took from my wife's kitchen. They work, are flexible and are not real stiff so you can move them as needed.

Silverbullet

The red silicon rubber sheets are high heat resistance , it's on eBay to cost a bit more but it should last for almost ever. I'm planning on using it on my machines when I'm able. Plus I'm going 1/8" thickness. It's $15.00 for 12" x 18" piece.

[6]
[5] [7]