No April Machines

Thanks everyone. It looks like a 1340GT for me. Now, to figure out the accessories ...

Hope you 1340 guys stick around when I have to go through my setup pains.

Thanks everyone. It looks like a 1340GT for me. Now, to figure out the accessories ...

Hope you 1340 guys stick around when I have to go through my setup pains.

Good choice (biased opinion)... :)

There are LOTS of PM1340GT owners at this forum... IMO the odds of all of them bowing out... are pretty slim.

I would definitely get the preferred package... and 3PH... and get a VFD and mount it.

Beyond that... your preferences, based on the work you anticipate doing, would dictate which accessories you purchase.
Until it ships, you can call Matt and ask him to add something to the crate... that saves you the freight.

Just paid for my unit in full today. Sounds like machines will start shipping sometime next week.

Let us know when it arrives and I'll make up some popcorn to watch the show. :)

I'm right there with you 110. Ordered and paid for my PM-25 last week. Can't wait.

Anybody heard any update on the pm1236 machines? Last I heard machines were supposed to be here April-ish. Just wondering if I can sell my 15x60 southbend now to make room before I move houses. Would hate to move that beast only to move it again when I sell it later.

I asked Nicole late last week about 12 x 36 & all she said was "soon".

Jerry in Delaware

May have to change this to "No May Machines". Sent and email to Quality Machine Tools asking if I could get an update on the two machines I ordered (PM-25MV Mill and PM-1127VF-LB Lathe) the reply was disheartening. Here was the reply:

"The PM25's have arrived to Pittsburgh and we will begin inspections here soon. The MP1127's are near, but not quite to us yet, probably another two weeks before we physically have them on hand"

I placed both my orders in mid Feb. 2015. I new they were not in stock at the time I placed the orders and was informed of the shipping process. Just a little down that this is a waiting game. I think mostly I get upset when your invoice says one thing but it turns out its way off the mark.

Thanks for the update. I've been hesitant to write them since it's only been 7 weeks since I ordered my PM25 mill. While I want mine, I'd expect all those ordered in 2104 and early this year will get theirs first. I've waited 1 1/2 decades for mine, another month isn't going to hurt. (The want for a mill started in 2000, when I retired, the excuse for one didn't come along until this spring.)

May have to change this to "No May Machines". Sent and email to Quality Machine Tools asking if I could get an update on the two machines I ordered (PM-25MV Mill and PM-1127VF-LB Lathe) the reply was disheartening. Here was the reply:

"The PM25's have arrived to Pittsburgh and we will begin inspections here soon. The MP1127's are near, but not quite to us yet, probably another two weeks before we physically have them on hand"

I placed both my orders in mid Feb. 2015. I new they were not in stock at the time I placed the orders and was informed of the shipping process. Just a little down that this is a waiting game. I think mostly I get upset when your invoice says one thing but it turns out its way off the mark.

For the Nth time, Matt has no control over when the machines arrive. Period.

He is given a date (probably a best guess) by the factory but if they miss...oh well. I ordered my 1340GT just before last Thanksgiving IIRC, and it finally showed up about a month ago. Matt does the best he can at controlling WHAT he can but other than that it's a crap shoot.

As others here will attest to, the waiting can get frustrating. But if not having an exact delivery date would upset someone, I would suggest they go buy somewhere else. We (those of us who have been through this) can also attest to the fact that once that thing shows up, all the pent up frustration just evaporates. :)

Back