No April Machines

wrmiller19, read you LOUD and clear. Sorry to have gotten your dander up. Just thought it was allowed to express thoughts and concerns. Consider post closed. Checking out.

Dude, you didn't get my dander up. Seriously. :)

Not that you'd know, (and I should have worded my post a bit better) but this has been talked about quite a bit on here and what some don't understand is that Matt cannot do anything about any shipping delays from the factory to him. I thought maybe you were getting upset with Matt and just wanted to say that it isn't his fault.

Wasn't suggesting anything specifically, just trying to dampen the frustration a bit with all the delays. I have two of Matt's machines so I've been through this twice, and didn't like it either time. Sorry for the poor wording on my part. :)

I also have one of those 1340GT's that was ordered in November of 2014... and arrived around Easter of 2015 (about the end of March/first of April)...

Matt keeps a close hand on the factories, they build machines to Matt's specs. The machines are well thought out, and the quality is good in its class. And the feature set is usually a little better than most of the competition.
Then there is Matt's customer service... how many companies can you talk to the owner... who is a machinist... and he takes care of your issues?

Some folks need the machine on a predictable schedule... Matt cannot do that. Other than the schedule thing... IMO the PM machines are a good deal.

Even a big company like Grizzly has issues with this, and they have a lot more volume and pump a lot more money into the factories. Go to the Grizzly forum and you will find posts about some of the machines taking months to arrive and missing shipping dates. Not the rule, but it happens.

Matt is not really a "stocking reseller", and while he does buy a container full of machines at a time, by the time they make it to his dock, almost all of them are spoken for. From all reports of the equipment he sells, it is worth the wait.

Matt is not really a "stocking reseller", and while he does buy a container full of machines at a time, by the time they make it to his dock, almost all of them are spoken for. From all reports of the equipment he sells, it is worth the wait.

When I ordered mine at the beginning of April I was apparently about number 70 on the list of pre-orders from the shipment of 100 machines, so I'd say your statement is pretty true.

My 1340 was dead last on the list...

But all that went away when it showed up in my garage. :grin:

Ya - I'm on the list for a PM-25 myself. Put the deposit on it several months back, kept hearing "end of March" - "April" - "late April"... but what is said is true, Matt has no control over it. On top, let's face it - he's unbelievably helpful. Matt has never turned down any of my ignorant questions, and I've probably sent him 50+ emails over the past 3-4 months about stuff. He's fantastic!

I'm just wondering if the west coast ports slowdown/strike has a lingering effect until all of the goods waiting to get unloaded are caught up? I'm assuming these machines come in on the west coast and I recently read an update as of 4/8/2015 that the volume of incoming goods are still "far from normal".

I heard within the past week on the news that they are caught up but the other ports are being used by some customers. They needed to make alternative arraignments because there was no way to determine how long the strike was going to last

The wait time is what it is. I ordered my PM935 in early February 2014 with an anticipated delivery time of 11 weeks. My expectation at the time was that I would have my machine in April/May. I finished the mobile base for it in March and set it aside. Well...I like many others on the forum hit the perfect storm last summer when Matt had multiple shipment hitting his dock at the same time. I am guessing many of the machines Matt sells require options to be added. He only has a fixed number of guys to process the machines. My machine finally arrived in September. If you plan on ordering a machine that is being built on the other side of the planet, you have to have patience. A month after having my machine in hand, I forgot all about the wait time.

-Joe

Back