Resolved No Edit Button

rwm

Robert
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I have lost my ability to edit previous posts???
RWM

Morning, I checked your permissions and noticed that the edit button is still there (see image screen shot below)

Can you click this and see if things are working on your end?

Thanks,
Bryan (vtcnc)

rwm edit button.png

The edit button appears on this thread but not on any others! Look at some of my older posts. Is there now a time delay so that older posts cannot be edited maybe?

Robert

Robert,

Click on the Donations tab in the middle of the main tool bar at top of screen. Middle of the screen on my monitor is a row named Editing Time (min). That is supposed to be the number of minutes after the first save during which the various donation levels can go back and edit their posts. Note that Gold members ($25) have 2880 minutes which is 48 hours or 2 days. That means that under any post older than 2 days, there should not appear the Edit button. If you were previously able to edit older than 2 day-old posts, your permissions must have accidentally been set to the wrong level. I don't remember when this was first set up to these numbers but it was definitely several years ago. I would guess that whomever accepted your donation last year clicked the wrong button somewhere.

I'll have to look into this and confer with staff who have been around longer than me on this point. I don't see any good reason why a donating member shouldn't be able to edit their posts sometime in the future.

Bryan

Yes, I could always edit my old posts indefinitely prior to last week. I did not realize there were differences in donation levels like this. I see the image size varies also.
Robert

Last edited:
The Donations tab has been up there for a long time. But what do you mean by "I see the image size varies also. "?

The Donations tab has been up there for a long time. But what do you mean by "I see the image size varies also. "?
Apparently I have never looked at the "donations" tab. There are other ways to get to "Donate" such as through your account settings under "Membership Level." That is how I donated.
In looking at the donation table, there is a line for Max Image Size with columns that read 600 x 600, 1200 x 1200 and unlimited.
Also, how can I figure out when my 12 months expires?
Thanks for your reply,
Robert

My account page does not specify my donation level at all. It does not have that listed at the bottom like your does. After reviewing my PayPal transactions I think my donation must have expired. I can find older ones but not one in the last year.
I think I will just go ahead and donate $50 at this time!
Thanks
Robert

Back