Not a project to brag about

Dah started with a e didn't it. That's what happens when you watch robin hood on tcm and mess on here. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Funny tho as I wrote it I new something wasn't right. Thanks guys
We never know what we are going to get with auto-complete these days. Somewhere I read that auto-complete is our #1 enemy.
Dave

When making multiple parts the last one seems to always mess up :mad:

One of the worst things I find is I will be doing a multi step part, be more than a few hours into it (ye, I'm slow), I start getting too confident, and a little too sloppy, and the part slips outta the jig... if not completely ruined, it requires almost starting from the beginning... than the endless planning and thinking on how to make better jigs for holding more complex parts....

I'm hoping a couple more years of playing around and I'll be beyond this point

Rich

The first project on my mill was to make a pair of vise hold down clamps. I made the first one just fine and moved on to the second one, thinking "piece of cake". Everything went well -- I thought-- until I tried using the hold downs. I discovered I had milled the wrong side on the second one! I learned something that day so all was not lost: if you stop working on something and then get back to it a few days later, review exactly where you were then and what needs to be done next. Twice. Or more. Don't assume anything, you could be wrong. Been there, done that (and probably will be there again).

Back