Not following the rules

Cadillac

Registered
Registered
I had a project on cutting some 1/4” plate multiple times in 42” lengths. I built a holder on a linear 48” linear rail for my plasma hand torch. So I got the rail all set, dialed in the machine for the material, loaded my gun in the rail and went to cut. Starting “off”the material came in and just wasn’t cutting more melting and blowing. Wtf so I figured change out the tip haven’t done that in awhile. So I change out the tip and electrode remount the gun and go at it. Same thing just melting and not cutting as it should. Thinking my machine is toast some board went out and it’s gonna be not worth repairing I look back at the machine to recheck my settings I notice my ground lead coiled up hanging on the machine. Aw gez I cant believe I forgot the ground! What a brain fart I was just happy nothing was wrong with the machine. Got all my pieces cut gotta love the plasma cutter! When the materials grounded:rolleyes:

Love all the grounded liners, sounds like we've all been there before :)

Ugh, been there done that. Set up my brand new TIG and tried to run a test bead. Looked like crap, then realized in my excitement that I'd not turned on the argon...

Ugh, been there done that. Set up my brand new TIG and tried to run a test bead. Looked like crap, then realized in my excitement that I'd not turned on the argon...
Yeah not gonna get very far without gas. When welding it's a routine with me turn on welder, then cooler, then gas. The kicker is shutting down. Welder and cooler make noise so you know their off. I'm always checking my valve when I look at the tank. She holds pressure when valves shut for weeks. I had once long ago on a mig welder a line that would leak if let sit idle without closing the tank valve,wasted a whole tank. Never do that again!

[/QUOTE]
Even worse ig wanting to make a weld and the argon tank is empty because you forgot to close the valve las time.

Back