Novice New To Machining

From the pic's it just looks like it needs a good cleaning.

I see no reason to assume it's bad. Clean it and lube it and take some test cuts.

Steve Shannon, P.E.

looks good from here... run it !
with a model name like super deluxe it can't be all bad ;-}
all kidding aside we hope this lathe works out for you, good luck.
Dan

I am not able to get to my lathe at this moment. And honestly I find myself neglecting my lathe machine somehow(I may know a very little about machining but believe me this machines construction quality/finishing is very low).

The reason for neglect is I find an opportunity to change/replace it with a better/another machine and I am looking forward to it.

@Steve Shannon thank you sir, I appreciate it. Tell me what kind of manufacturer/brand does not stamp serial number/manufacture date on there machines?

Apologies for poor English.

From what I could see the head gears look good. Some would use Scotch Brite with a little machine oil and bub down all the bare steel that is not plated. When not in use put a plastic drop cloth over it to keep the dirt and grit off. Nice find

Hi Rezwan,

Welcome to the site!

I agree with the above, the pictures seem to show it just needs some of the surface rust removed. A few hours time and some scotch-brite pads will have it looking great.

Before you fire it up make sure that all gears, bearings, ways etc. are lubed properly.
If any hand-wheels feel "stuck" try to get some penetrating oil in and do not just force them.

Do you have any kind of manual showing the oil locations and the operation of this lathe?

Take it slow, build your confidence in the machine carefully. Gradually learn what all the controls do.
Post back here with any questions or concerns; this is a very knowledgeable group and willing to share/help.

-brino

The little pictures take to long to load on my slow net so all I can is stretch them. So I really can't tell much more then it is red, it has a standard tool post, & it's a lathe.

No documents, no service instruction not even a belt speed selection chart.

No documents, no service instruction not even a belt speed selection chart.

That's too bad. I did some quick searches but that model does not appear by that name.
Perhaps someone here will recognize it as similar/identical to another manufacturer and lead you to a full manual.

I did find this:
http://www.lahoreindustry.com/amir-machinery-store-co8451
based on the supplier name shown in your photos; and the "contact person" listed there matches what's on your labels.
It may be worth a quick phone call to try and get a manual.

-brino

I haven't seen this make before but it looks sturdy and it needs cleaned. Fire it up and see what she will do.
The pulleys don't look like they are worn.

Back