NT30 to R8

are NMTB30 and NT30 the same...how does ISO 30 differ....sorry new to this tool holder ...any help would be great.

are NMTB30 and NT30 the same...how does ISO 30 differ....sorry new to this tool holder ...any help would be great.

Looking around. It appears the only difference is the threads for the drawbar. Found this on another place.
d18477dfabc19f56e7024a41a6c6f24a.jpg

Not my info. What I captured and pasted.

Cutting oil is my blood.

I’m sure the OP will find the NT30 superior to R8.

That TTS system will continue to be great on the round column, or will easily find a new home around here.

John

I’m sure the OP will find the NT30 superior to R8.

That TTS system will continue to be great on the round column, or will easily find a new home around here.

John
it deff looks more rigid. so will iso 30 work also...just will need a diff draw bar correct? i would like to jsut stick to one though and not change drawbars... thank to everyone that gave me input...really stoked on this new/old mill...it has a nice fagor dro...power feed...i will post pics when it lands...prolly a couple weeks away...it will be converted to cnc...and have an enclosrue built aorund it
have an awesome day guys..

Second benmychree. NMTB 30 is massively more rigid than R8. Don't go backward here.

Put the R8 up 4sale, use the funds to buy NMTB30.

so i have chance to get a real nice rf45 clone. it appears to be nt30 not r8. i have tons of tts tooling i use on my r8 mill so this saddens me. How difficult would it be to convert the nt30 to r8. Are the same taper. My understanding is that nt30 is a shorter taper. Any help is welcomed. Thanks for reading my rant
Somebody makes them somewhere:

CNC lathe Milling arbor series R8 adapter NT30-R8​

Back