• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You

• I apologize to anyone who is disappointed with their experience on The Hobby-Machinist.

Anyone who made a donation within the last year who would like a refund, please PM me and I will refund your money.

Again, my apologies.

Nelson

[4]

Oh No, Another One Followed Me Home

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

randyjaco

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
This showed up on Craigslist this morning. It's a Canedy-Otto Number 24 bench drill press. The price was right, so it followed me home. I am guessing that it's about 90 years old and in amazing shape. The owner said that his grandfather owned and cobbled up a motor for it. The motor isn't that old. I sure wish that it had the original one.

Vintage Machinery didn't have much info on it. Does anyone here know anything about this model drill press? I am going to clean this one up and put it in a place of honor.

Attachments

francist

Active User
Nice, Canedy-Otto made good stuff.

I find this in my 1924 Mc & Mc catalogue here if it's of any use to you. They were purveyors of general hardware and logging supplies here on the coast and are not significant to your machine other than contextual reference for the specifications and/or cost. Don't be alarmed at the price -- it's in Canadian dollars.... ;)

image.jpeg

-frank

Martin W

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
Randy that’s a real nice drill press.
Cheers
Martin

randyjaco

Active User
Thanks guys. It's going to look a lot nicer in a couple of weeks. The design just appeals to me. I have never seen a small drill press with a miter (crown) gear drive before.
Randy

brino

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
That thing is beautiful!
Great find.
-brino

[6]
[5] [7]