Oil filter for a Cincinnati 24” shaper

GT-6 Racer

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Anyone have any idea where to get an oil filter for a late model Cincinnati 24” shaper?

No, but It should be possible to adapt or modify another filter to work, if a proper one cannot be found.

It’s supposed to be a wound cartridge type. I haven’t pulled it to see as I don’t want to disable the machine without a spare, but I guess that’s my only option. I was hoping to find a replacement before disassembling it. I guess I’ll tear into it this weekend and see what I find.

Make an assumption the machine maker used an off the shelf item.

Now, what shelf?

Look for Napa warehouse or fleet service places so you have a place to go just in case.

Most filters will have a part number on them, carefully remove the filter and clean it up a bit and look on the ends for a number.

If no number try Google, use dimensions of cartridge or take it to the Napa or fleet places and they should be able to find a replacement.

Or contact manufacturer like WIX.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestions. We have a decent NAPA store that works with my industrial employer, so they’re hope there. One I figure this out I’ll post the part numbers. There’s got to be more of these shapers out there getting some lovin’

FF8FB30F-05AF-49B4-8C1D-F51E2C9E578A.jpeg

It’s got an automatic downfeed? Sure would like some detailed pics if it does and you feel like it.

Hi, it does have power feed. She is a beauty in original condition. Here are some pictures. Happy to discuss.
651AE3DD-9A0B-40F0-BA61-45F1E50D882F.jpeg
4E389742-6828-41A4-A1A5-5757D9127EFB.jpeg
BBA8886F-14D4-468F-93D6-D44A88BB59F1.jpeg

Maybe a look at the other side? It’s hard to say how it truly works from this side.

Maybe a look at the other side? It’s hard to say how it truly works from this side.
I’ll get more pictures tomorrow for you.
the way it works is the part below the ram has wedges on it That activate the levers to turn the vertical feed. It actuates at the back of the return stroke.Inside the ram is a shaft that goes forward to the head geared to the shaft. There’s a series of holes that you have to move the ramp, to depending on the stroke desired. The lever on the side is on/off. Depending on ramp placement you can feed either up or down.

Interesting tool lifting mechanism.

Back