Oil filter for a Cincinnati 24” shaper

Nice shaper! I would be tempted to pick a common automotive filter and make an adapter to fit the filter. Then
using common pipe threads and some pipe, install it in the flow line the old filter uses.

If there is an O'Reileys near they have found a oil filter when no one else around here could get it. Also good prices and decent shipping times on bearings

Maybe a look at the other side? It’s hard to say how it truly works from this side.
image.jpg

Here’s the ramps that actuate the mechanism.

Wow, that thing is a beast.

Wow, that thing is a beast.
Yes it is. I love running it. Last job I planed an 18” square cast iron surface plate that has rusted. Did a great job. Was 2-3 tenths out of flat, lapped it in in a couple hours. I also have a little 8” shaper. I use the little ones for internal keyways for FRC robotics pulleys and gears quite often.

Back to the original topic, here the oil filter cartridge.

That almost looks like a roll of felt. I wonder if you could soak it and get it cleaned up to reuse? Maybe an ultrasonic cleaner to agitate it to float the oil out.

Cutting oil is my blood.

It Is compressed fiberglass. I suppose I could soak it in kerosene and see what comes out. It’s been draining out oil for 2 days. Just when I think it ought to be empty it produces more… I only have a little ultrasonic cleaner for cartridge casings. As a last resort I’ll clean it and reinstall it.

I’ll make some calls this week and see what I can find.

Back