Ok, I give up; What is this??

That pressure range is correct for line hauler truck tires. Interesting about the materials, is it nickel or is it zinc plated?

I find a similar style made by Kellogg and dated circa 1910 if the vendor can be believed. From Australia I believe, described as a tire pressure gauge.

1575417108308.png

-frank

That one is very close. The plating could be nickel but it looks too shiney.
Randy

Looking closer, that German one and mine were manufactured in the same place. The only difference is the dial lettering. So, it is a tire gauge. Thanks for all the responses.
Randy

agreed tire gauge. the max reading of 144 psi seems like it could be an old style cylinder pressure gauge.

Manometers are used in the fuel gas (LP and natural) industry to measure gas pressure. In the U.S., LP gas systems used for home heating and cooking are regulated at about 10 inches of water column which is much less than 1 pasig. I don’t recall the regulated gas pressure for natural gas, but I think it’s around 8 inches of water column. Manometers measure pressure by how far the pressure moves a column of water. In some cases mercury is used instead of water. The one pictured here is used in metric measurements but does the same thing. They would be used in any industry that requires measurement of low gas pressures. I hope my explanation makes sense. I tend to ramble.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
also use Manometers if you are a respiratory therapist to calibrate breathing apparatus. I still have the one I used to calibrate CPAP and BiPAP machines but they have uses in other aspects of medicine. Don't like to guess on the pressure when you are inflating someones lungs.

I’ve had a few good manometers one was full of mercury. Used to balance the carbs on motorcycles they had 4 tubes
I’m wondering if your meter moves from pressure or vacuum???

Back