Ok.. So I am Playing Around

Oh and to add, if you can find one locally, be sure to test run it if possible & with the belt installed on the spindle. For some Dumore models the bearings are stupid expensive & for some models I hear the bearings are hard to get.

I got my 14 for $175 I think, I forget, the 44 I really scored & got for $150. The 14 I knew needed work when I bought it. I redid the electrical & the bearings were shot in the spindle. Luckily the bearings weren't expensive & I got them directly from Dumore, I'm sure they would've been cheaper if I sourced them myself.

For the 44 I was going to buy new bearings just for the heck of it but the spindle bearings are $200ea from Dumore! So I'll leave that one as is until I take it apart one day to get the bearing numbers.

Img_2205.jpg

Oh and to add, if you can find one locally, be sure to test run it if possible & with the belt installed on the spindle. For some Dumore models the bearings are stupid expensive & for some models I hear the bearings are hard to get.

I got my 14 for $175 I think, I forget, the 44 I really scored & got for $150. The 14 I knew needed work when I bought it. I redid the electrical & the bearings were shot in the spindle. Luckily the bearings weren't expensive & I got them directly from Dumore, I'm sure they would've been cheaper if I sourced them myself.

For the 44 I was going to buy new bearings just for the heck of it but the spindle bearings are $200ea from Dumore! So I'll leave that one as is until I take it apart one day to get the bearing numbers.

Img_2205.jpg
The both look nicer than the ones I've seen on ebay. At least spindle bearings are too hard to do. 200$ each?? That's outrageous!
I think you got a great deal on both by the looks of them. If I run across one I'd be thrilled. Or a Globe attachment. Those things look awesome.

Cloth works fine if you use tight weave. parachute cloth is a good example.

Back