Ok We Are Breaking New Ground Here.

AAHa a "reddish button".
Now that narrows it down. Thank You.
I don't know all the answers yet but this should help down the line.
Anybody want to trade with me and I'll go back to being just a member.
But in the mean time I'm going to do all I can to make this place run smooth and live up to our mission statement.
Please keep the input coming it will all help

Clicking on Social Groups only takes me to that forum page. The ''4'' notification just stays there.

This is what I see on the top of my screen:

Clipboard01.jpg

Gator, checking in this time, I got notified in Alerts . . . AND a red number flag on Social Groups, so I will consider myself well notified. In spite of being old and grumpy, I have to say thanks for the invite(s) and thanks for becoming a moderator (now you can't ever say it's a thankless job). I think this will be a good group, ornery as heck, but no doubt entertaining.

Tom

I hope so Tom ,
But it's been a bit of a fur ball so far. So as I see it smarter minds then mine will chew on it and get it running right.
In spite of speed bumps I'll do my best to keep this at least lively and entertaining.
***G***

So I did my part. I invited everyone that replied.
Now some one is going to have to tell me what happened on your side.
A screen shot would be helpful.
Did a box show up and ask if you wanted in ?
All the input I get at this point will help me make this run smoother.
Like I told GA Gyro "I learn from my mistakes but by the shear number of them I make I should be a genius."

I couldn't find any check box. This is like a gentle Craig's list Rants & Raves.
*****Thanks for the Help****************Gator*******************

I received an email to join. I didn't respond because I'm not sure if I want to. For now, I would like to find out how to remove the red flag at the Social Groups header. I don't understand why joining is necessary to engage in conversations here.

I have the same as the red 4 on the social groups, I also have not found a way to do anything with it.

Gator, it looks like I'm getting the red number flag alert on the "Social Groups" button due to activity on other social groups that I haven't joined or otherwise expressed any interest in. That would explain why some folks say the flag doesn't go away after they check in and read this group's new postings, i.e., there are still unread postings in other groups. I'm speculating here, but that's how it seems to me. Thanks for doing the dirty work.

Tom

P.S. Yep, I just verified it by visiting all the other social groups and clicking on all of the unread threads. The red number flag counted down and finally disappeared when all had been read.

higgite, finally got all of mine to disappear doing the same thing. I had missed one, Now they are all gone.

Back