Old compressor pump

Jake2465

Registered
Registered
I have this old compressor pump that I cant seem to find any identifying manufacture markings on it. Does anyone know what brand this pump may have come from? When I had it running on its tank, the motor that ran it is one of those old bushed AC motors that has exposed brushes on the back end and arcs pretty good during start up. The motor is a 1.5hp and it's data plate says "Peerless" on it, but I am not sure if that is only in reference to the motor or the whole compressor. The pump probably ran something like 300 rpm or so. The combination made for a very quiet running compressor.

20180407_150320.jpg

20180407_150330.jpg

20180407_150340.jpg

I'm going to try that site too when I get home. Good looking pump in the pics here!

I believe it may be worth the trouble to mount that pump to my vertical 60 gallon tank and get a suitable motor to run it. From what I am finding on the internet, those old pumps are about bullet proof and getting a suitable replacement of the same quality would be well over $1000. So, I guess if I spend a few hundred on getting it running on the vertical tank, then I would be doing good.

I forgot to mention that the current hot dog tank the pump is bolted to had rotted out. I was able to fire the motor up and run the pump, but it would leak profusely. My only other compressor is what looks to be one of those 1990's single stage 60 gallon vertical tank compressors from Sears that ran a single stage vertical twin cylinder pump on a supposed 5hp motor. It vibrates a good deal and it's noisy.

Last edited:
I believe it may be worth the trouble to mount that pump to my vertical 60 gallon tank and get a suitable motor to run it. From what I am finding on the internet, those old pumps are about bullet proof and getting a suitable replacement of the same quality would be well over $1000. So, I guess if I spend a few hundred on getting it running on the vertical tank, then I would be doing good.

I forgot to mention that the current hot dog tank the pump is bolted to had rotted out. I was able to fire the motor up and run the pump, but it would leak profusely. My only other compressor is what looks to be one of those 1990's single stage 60 gallon vertical tank compressors from Sears that ran a single stage vertical twin cylinder pump on a supposed 5hp motor. It vibrates a good deal and it's noisy.
Take the head off the 60 gallon Sears and replace it with your pump.
That pump does not look like a 1.5hp unit. Maybe you can find out how big a motor can drive that pump.

I believe it is a 15cfm pump. So, it could probably handle a 5hp motor. The trouble is that the 5hp motor that is on the Sears pump turns the wrong way and it is non-reversible.

If I look at the PAR pump from the pulley side, it turns CW. The Sears pump turns CCW.

Last edited:
Back