Old compressor pump

You'll need to adapt pulley sizes to not exceed the pumps need. If you push it it'll heat up and eat up itself. I'd look for a low speed motor , there out there even on craigslist . I found a low speed for my old planer new for a $100. On craigslist. Don't know but maybe a dc motor would work they can be speed regulated by varying the voltage sometimes. I'd try to use the old head for sure over the new crap. I'd change oil and filters too. Regularly at least twice a year. If you keep the tank drained it shouldn't ever rot rust out ever.

speaking of compressor tanks, I've never had the opportunity to look inside one. Do manufacturers paint them inside for corrosion control? Or treat them in any way?

speaking of compressor tanks, I've never had the opportunity to look inside one. Do manufacturers paint them inside for corrosion control? Or treat them in any way?

My guess is no, that is why you hear of them rusting out or blowing a hole in them.

About 30 years ago u read about a liquid you pour into the tank to prevent rust, then you drain it.
Don't know if t was a gimmicks or not.
I can't find it on the Internet, I've looked

Eastwood sells a gastank sealer that will do the trick.

I would think an elastic type polymer should be used in a tank under pressure , expanding and contracting as they most do with temperatures and all. I've never saw a inside painted even on oil tanks for fuel. You'd think they would be galvanised in and out. Just don't understand why not. I've cut up several tanks of different kinds none were painted or coated.

I would think an elastic type polymer should be used in a tank under pressure , expanding and contracting as they most do with temperatures and all. I've never saw a inside painted even on oil tanks for fuel. You'd think they would be galvanised in and out. Just don't understand why not. I've cut up several tanks of different kinds none were painted or coated.

Probably because that would cost something for the company.

I build medical air systems for hospitals.
We have all of our receivers sent out for epoxy lining before starting builds

ukkarl, can you say which parts are lined with epoxy on your medical air systems? I do understand receivers, but what else does it also include? Just wondering what all might benefit from such special attention.

Back