Old fart needs help/advise (again)

Norton's post reminds me of how we used to clean engine parts in a pot of melted paraffin wax. Way back then paraffin wax was commonly used for sealing up preserves and sold in bricks just about everywhere.
Those were in the days before so many modern miracle penetrating oils (that don't work) were marketed.
I have also seen a video on how to free a wheel lug nut using a melted candle.
Enough reminiscing, time for a nap!

Soaked almost 2 weeks in kerosene (which factory recommened as what they use) NO go.
Soaked another week in Mineral Spirits (HATE that stuff, you cannot get it all off). No go.
Soaked almost another week in Kroil (one of MY old favs). No go.
I can get the lower face to unscrew, but the jaws and rod never budge. I BROKE a good (OLD Craftsman) channel locks on it!
Now have it shut into a jar of penetrating fluid!

Ah, Norton...
After a "sort of accident" someone (Might have been me, but not admitting it) almost burned down daughters garage (I live with her, only one that can stand me I think) by accidentally igniting a MAPGAS bottle with a broken outlet. It was spewing out nicely! (Uh, and I have a nervous habit of clicking things... like the spark ignitor I was holding... (I mean SOMEONE was holding!! Yeah, nothing even warm allowed on property if I am near it. (Good thing she doesn't know what a 2200 deg. heat treat oven looks like! Heheh)

Ah, Norton...
After a "sort of accident" someone (Might have been me, but not admitting it) almost burned down daughters garage (I live with her, only one that can stand me I think) by accidentally igniting a MAPGAS bottle with a broken outlet. It was spewing out nicely! (Uh, and I have a nervous habit of clicking things... like the spark ignitor I was holding... (I mean SOMEONE was holding!! Yeah, nothing even warm allowed on property if I am near it. (Good thing she doesn't know what a 2200 deg. heat treat oven looks like! Heheh)
I have a 'friend' who is a pyromaniac, he has set fire to my back lawn a couple of times, near 3 acres of another friends farm and a few other things I am aware of. Thankfully he has moved up South to the big island and it is snowing where he is today plus he has a woman that keeps him on a very tight leash around flammable objects.

I like the old deep frier because you can dial in a temperature and leave it. Epoxy a stop if you are worried about exceeding the auto-ignition point and it is safer than boiling a kettle.

P.S. Never admit nuffin! Especially to one of the master class.

I just gotta' ask ... he moved UP South? I know you're down under but isn't South, South, as in DOWN? Excuse me if I'm being stupid, Norton; it's sort of a permanent affliction for me.
No you are not being stupid, it goes like this:
Everybody has gotten into the habit of saying "Up North" and "Down South" because all the most commonly used languages come from people who evolved in the Northern Hemisphere. 'Up' being to the closest Magnetic Pole which is the Northern one.
Living on the other side of the equator my closet Magnetic Pole is the Southern one so South is 'up' to me and North is 'down'.
Great way to confuse people after a few beers aye?

'Up' & 'Down' being subjective terms since we are sitting on a little ball of rock with a molten Iron core floating around in a really, really big space we know virtually nothing about. For some reason I am now thinking of the Rocky Horror Picture Show? ? ?

BTW I'm nearly on top of the world. Already in Penguin territory.

The outer edge of the needle is a magnetic South pole so it point towards the Earths Magnetic North Pole no matter where you are unless you are in Alaska and a couple of other places.

When you are at the north pole you can't go north, east or west. When you are at the south pole you can't go south, east or west.

Back