Opinions on a Lagun FTV-2S

I have this mill and love it. I’ve read many places that it’s better than a Bridgeport.

Don't leave us hanging, what's the price and did you get it?

I recently purchased the FT-2S to replace my BP clone. Mine has the step pulley versus yours (hopefully) which has variable speed. Mine is in very good condition and came with a Kurt vise. It has a 10X50" table. He was asking $3K and settled on $2,500 if that gives you a reference.

If you want an owner's manual for yours, Lagun sells them in hardback ($75) and PDF ($35.50). I ordered the PDF version on Tuesday, and it should be arriving in my email today or tomorrow. Good luck with your purchase.

Here's a manual. It's not perfect, but good enough until your hard copy arrives. I paid for a print copy to have it all, but this will get you started.

Attachments

• Lagun FTV-2 Turrent Milling Machine Manual.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 16
I paid $2500 as well for mine.

If everything is working and it is in very good condition, than yes it is a fair price. I was looking at the Lagun mills (similar model) years ago (2016), being decommissioned because they no longer held aerospace tolerances which was 0.0005", the few that were for sale all had mechanical issues which would have required additional time and money to repair. Asking price was $3200-3500 without tooling. If the Lagun mill you are considering is running w/o any rattles or apparent issues in the drive system, and not a lot of slop in the axis lead screws, than $3500 is a reasonable price. I have used them before and they feel more solid than the standard Bridgeport knee mills. The one I used had ball screws with an old CNC system, it worked just fine in manual mode.

Back