Optical Comparator Advice

oh wow, digital x y micrometer... sweet. I thought it was just a normal micrometer. you stole that.
I was lucky. To be honest I wasn't fully committed to the drive until about an hour in.

I'm glad I didn't chicken out. I had passed one that was similar up earlier this summer that was much closer to me. Been kicking myself ever since. So had to bite the bullet and go for it this time.

You lucky dog! very nice! Your annular ring with the Vernier will be plenty accurate enough to measure angles.

You zero your bezel, line up your angle with any radial line - without changing your bezel angle. . then rotate the screen and bezel to the other side of the item to be measured. You read the angle directly off he bezel. No calibration needed.

This is a fine instrument!

You lucky dog! very nice! Your annular ring with the Vernier will be plenty accurate enough to measure angles.

You zero your bezel, line up your angle with any radial line - without changing your bezel angle. . then rotate the screen and bezel to the other side of the item to be measured. You read the angle directly off he bezel. No calibration needed.

This is a fine instrument!
Going to go on the wanted section here and see if anyone has any of the glass charts. As you said it's a really nice instrument and deserves to have a nice set of glass.

Mr. Pete posted a Scherr-Tumico for sale in Streator, IL on his YouTube channel. It also needs some work. But for only $150.

He just put this video up. Saw it when I was scrolling for comparator videos. I didn't click on it but will circle back. Big Toubalcain fan here

Mr. Pete posted a Scherr-Tumico for sale in Streator, IL on his YouTube channel. It also needs some work. But for only $150.

Just watched this video. The comparator he's selling is nice. Anyone in his area should grab it. So sorry to hear he's not feeling well. The mans a national treasure in my opinion. I've learned a lot and have been inspired many times watching his videos

Back