Oxygen / Acetylene Tank Cart

I roll my Harbor Freight cart around my gravel driveway all the time and have never had a problem with wheels/tires. Just have to put air in them every once in a while.

20131116_104855_zps93abe3ea.jpg

Here's one that I made 20 years ago. It has served me well. Made out of bed rails and black pipe. I made it "skinny" so it would be easier to squeeze through my cluttered garage. It also doesn't take up much room when it's stored away in a corner because of it's skinny stature.:))

Wow! That's the coolest one I have seen! Exactly what I need too... Hmmmm...

Bernie

20131116_104855_zps93abe3ea.jpg

I was at the local welding supply this morning and they guy told me it was 15 bucks for the static test of the oxygen (small tank) but the gas didn't require it due to the much lower pressure. I just paid the man and he exchanged my tanks.

I started on my version of a tank cart yesterday and I'm very pleased with the results so far! Today I will find wheels for it and some chains to hold the tanks in place. After that I will be ready for a coat of paint.
I'll post some pictures today when the welding is done.

<-------is wondering if papermaker used any ideas from the pic I posted? We shall find out! There were so many great ideas!

They do look kind of crappy don't they. Quite happy with them though. Paid $50 for the pair and wondered if I would be able to get them refilled without proof of ownership. I explained what the situation was and they swapped tanks without any hassle. Very happy with the ugly old tanks!

Back