Oxygen therapy

rabler

Addlepated tinkerer
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I've resisted for over a year and have finally agreed to do hyperbaric oxygen therapy to address side effects of radiation treatment. Suppose to have about a 60-70% success rate. The reason I've resisted is it is 30 daily sessions, a little over 2 hours each, in a chamber at 2.5 atmospheres pressure, pure oxygen. Captive therapy ...
Wish me luck. And even more importantly, wish me the patience to not go crazy. Due to the fire risk, no paper or reading material, no electronics. Lots of time to dream about shop projects. Or ideally, to nap.

And yes, jokes have already been made about using a welding O2 cylinder. And a few passing references to an early Apollo mission fire.

Good luck man, I hope it helps you. Two hours with nothing to do but think, that's going to be tough. Stay up late, get up early, in preparation for a two-hour Oxygen filled nap.

Will it have a window like the diving chambers? Can you watch you tube video and have it close captioned? Maybe set up a play list for each session. Have it go to a tv. That way the electronics are outside the chamber

I've resisted for over a year and have finally agreed to do hyperbaric oxygen therapy to address side effects of radiation treatment. Suppose to have about a 60-70% success rate. The reason I've resisted is it is 30 daily sessions, a little over 2 hours each, in a chamber at 2.5 atmospheres pressure, pure oxygen. Captive therapy ...
Wish me luck. And even more importantly, wish me the patience to not go crazy. Due to the fire risk, no paper or reading material, no electronics. Lots of time to dream about shop projects. Or ideally, to nap.

And yes, jokes have already been made about using a welding O2 cylinder. And a few passing references to an early Apollo mission fire.
Wishing you success on the road to good health!

Will it have a window like the diving chambers? Can you watch you tube video and have it close captioned? Maybe set up a play list for each session. Have it go to a tv. That way the electronics are outside the chamber
The chamber is a clear tube, maybe 32" I.D., made of something about 2" thick, with metal endcaps, and a thin bed that rolls in. They have a TV mounted above the foot end of the tube with cable channels. The nurse mentioned something about a DVD with a little uncertainty, as if she hadn't actually done that. There is a speaker internal to the chamber. Two tubes a few feet apart so one nurse/operator can monitor two stations.

Just have to be sure not to drink too much before climbing in!

Sounds like a perfect excuse for a mid day nap to me....:)
I'm hoping I can do just that, at least after the first session or two. Probably a morning session and I'll try to avoid any caffeine beforehand. They do have it set up so the entrance and bulk of the room is behind your head and thus not visible. I generally dislike things going on out of my view, so hopefully that doesn't drive me nuts.

Back