Pantograph engraver

Yes, the price is right, the two Gorton machines that I mentioned are also two dimensional, but with the use of forming guides, limited 3D work can be done.

I've been tempted to get that kit for firearm engraving (for the text stuff required for Form 1). Martin Model is only about an hour drive from me, I keep being tempted to go over and see what he has in stock.

They are suppose to be at the expo as long as flights dont keep canceling.

"The Expo"? what is that? I live about an hour drive from them in Oregon.

The Cabin Fever Expo in PA next weekend. Some plans are to use it to go 50-50 with my wife’s business. She does decals Xmas ornaments and a bunch of other things. So im thinking for some of her keychains or something i can do engraving if she wants. We will see lol

When i say 50-50 i mean she will get her half of the money and my half for my shop supplies and such.

Be sure to look up the cost of Font for it. I used to work as an engraver with New Hermes Machines and Gorton Machines.
You will need to make a "copy table" for it, which holds the font. You will need a way to secure the metal you are engraving.
It looks like it uses the "move all the bolts method" to change the font reduction, which means it will have a limited set of
sizes it can reduce the engraving size.

yea, I was wondering where the type set is coming from ? Does the kit manufacturer offer type?

Im sure i can set something up to change the sizes at a later date. I know i need to make a tooling table to hook everything up to. I will be looking up some material at the expo for this when i am there. As far as fonts and stuff my wife has a cricket and my buddy has a 3d printer and i can start from there.

Im sure i can set something up to change the sizes at a later date. I know i need to make a tooling table to hook everything up to. I will be looking up some material at the expo for this when i am there. As far as fonts and stuff my wife has a cricket and my buddy has a 3d printer and i can start from there.
Consider trying to find used sets on ebay. Just remember, every brand of engraver has different height measurements on the brass rectangles which has the outline of the letters in them. I would suggest standardizing on New Hermes, as it is the most common.

The thing that is nice is i can make the sizes i want for which ever brand

Back