Pared Down 1440GT Order

Will just give you more time to get better with the 10x30.

Hows the property thing going?

John

I had hoped to build a two car garage on the bare lot. I found out that you have to build a primary structure first. The quote for a small house was $57,000.

I am headed to Ohio to school in the spring. It would take me at least two years to get the money to build a primary structure. So that’s two years of staying in a motel.

By the time I got a house up, I would be about 30% of the way through school.

I listed the lot for sale. When I looked at motel prices, I realized that I could live in a minivan for 2 months a year for 5-10 years, and use the money that I would have spent on a motel for the huge lathe that is the topic of this thread.

It seems safer to spend my money on tools and tuition than on building a house. You can’t really go wrong spending money on tools and tuition.

I had hoped to build a two car garage on the bare lot. I found out that you have to build a primary structure first. The quote for a small house was $57,000.

I am headed to Ohio to school in the spring. It would take me at least two years to get the money to build a primary structure. So that’s two years of staying in a motel.

By the time I got a house up, I would be about 30% of the way through school.

I listed the lot for sale. When I looked at motel prices, I realized that I could live in a minivan for 2 months a year for 5-10 years, and use the money that I would have spent on a motel for the huge lathe that is the topic of this thread.

It seems safer to spend my money on tools and tuition than on building a house. You can’t really go wrong spending money on tools and tuition.

Hopefully you get your money out, or maybe a little more.

Who knows what this summer will bring....

John

I definitely don’t have the room and probably don’t have the money for a bandsaw.

The Harbor Freight 4x6 bandsaws work pretty well, are about the size of a sawhorse and are only $200. If that is too big the hand held portable bandsaws are an option. A good name brand is about $300 but I regularly see used corded Milwaukee porta-bands on Craigslist for $50-150, and HF has one of their house brand saws for $89.

I was very reluctant to buying a 4x6 due to space concerns but you couldn't get me to give that saw up now.

+1 on the bandsaw.
I got mine used. Did a bit of tuneup work and it’s been a real treat to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back