Parts for Stuart 501 boiler?

Th
I would also recommend Blackgates Engineering in the UK. They have the hardware that you might find useful. You can get a boiler water feed pump to double for the hydro-static test. Keith uses one all the time. Blondihacks uses one from Amazon. Check with you state boiler inspectors as to how and what you need to do. Rules are different for sizes, pressures and public vs private use. Take your time and Goggle and look into the steam blogs. I have about 20-30 different sources for Steam and model stuff and tools. Prices vary wildly.
Also visit Internet Archive and Google steam. The stuff there is all 100 years old but still relevant and best of all it's free.
Hope you enjoy!!!!
Thanks
I e-mailed one place in the UK, I will look into Blackgates Eng. also.
I didn't know there was boiler inspectors.
Thanks for the info.

Tghsmith would you send a link to dtjsteam? As usual, when I try a seller search nothing comes back. Have not run accross him im my browsing. Thanks Chewy

Thank you for the link!! I don't why Ebay makes it so hard to find someone, but I have not found a way to just look for a store. Thanks!

Joez, if you PM me I can try to send a list of bookmarks for steam and engines. Haven't ever done it but worth a try. There will be lots of duplicates since the list has only been added too and not sorted. Also separately, have list of HM posts that deal with steam and engines. Just added two more today after looking at some really fancy steam models that I wish I had the time and money to build.
You definitely have a boiler code. I found the section where you have a miniature boiler but was unable to find out more. In NC, I can blow myself up at home with a miniature boiler, but can't take it anywhere without a full inspection each year. Your code is only calling for 1-1/2 times working pressure when mine calls for 2 times. I ended up calling the inspector who sent me high lighted pages that I couldn't find. We have a Threshers Reunion every year, so he is well familiar with my request. I think it will cost me $35 to go out in public. Guess where I'm staying. The inspection is quite detailed.

Thank you for the link!! I don't why Ebay makes it so hard to find someone, but I have not found a way to just look for a store. Thanks!

Joez, if you PM me I can try to send a list of bookmarks for steam and engines. Haven't ever done it but worth a try. There will be lots of duplicates since the list has only been added too and not sorted. Also separately, have list of HM posts that deal with steam and engines. Just added two more today after looking at some really fancy steam models that I wish I had the time and money to build.
You definitely have a boiler code. I found the section where you have a miniature boiler but was unable to find out more. In NC, I can blow myself up at home with a miniature boiler, but can't take it anywhere without a full inspection each year. Your code is only calling for 1-1/2 times working pressure when mine calls for 2 times. I ended up calling the inspector who sent me high lighted pages that I couldn't find. We have a Threshers Reunion every year, so he is well familiar with my request. I think it will cost me $35 to go out in public. Guess where I'm staying. The inspection is quite detailed.
Yeah it's hard to find one bay but you can google user/ seller name / e bay and it will pop up.

I will send you a PM thank you.

I am currently watching Bolndihack s testing of the boiler.
I am starting to understand some of this
I am just taking baby steps

Back