Pass Around 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would recommend that we settle down to just having one box for the time being as it will make for less confusion. I will start a new list for "Box 1, round 2". Thought about calling it "Box 3" but realized that we might want to continue using the same boxes. Liberal Arts, are you on board for sending out the box again?? Those of you that have indicated interest will have your names added to the list in the order which you spoke up. It might be a good idea to get a reasonable list started before sending the box out again though, as the list for box #2 never even filled up. Maybe there will not be enough interest just yet. Who knows?

Regarding Andy Rafferty and others in his situation: We all get busy at times, sometimes too busy for our own good and life has a unique penchant for getting in the way of things. However, it should be assumed that if a person is willing to have his name put on the list, that he should also be willing to act in a responsible manner and forward the box to the next person on the list in a timely fashion. Allowing the box to languish on the bench for an extended period of time demonstrates a complete disregard for the rules of the game and for the other members that have followed the rules. I see no reason for a box to spend more than two weeks with any one participant. Long story short, gentlemen, if you don't have the relatively tiny bit of time required to go through the box and send it on to the next person, or are not willing to make a commitment to put forth the effort to see it through, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP. We should not have to try and chase people down to keep this thing going.

There, I've said it, and yes, it needed to be said. For those of you who do not know, I used to be a global moderator here at H-M, but I stepped down from that position because some changes in my life occurred and I knew that I would no longer have the time to devote to that position. Stepping down was the responsible thing to do under the circumstances. I see signing up for the pass around box as a similar situation. Please act responsibly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in for a second round. Got more stuff to share now. :)

hman, jpfabricator, and ogberi have been added to the list for Box 1 Round 2

Unless someone comes up with an attractive thought for having two categorie
let's go with one track. I'm impressed at the general success! Will be happy to
listen to ideas.for a couple of weeks. ..........BLJHB.

hman, jpfabricator, and ogberi have been added to the list for Box 1 Round 2
Terry -
Many thanks for getting me on the list, and MANY thanks for your keeping things organized! If possible, I wouldn't mind being someplace in the middle of the list. Butt happy to be there, in any case.

Not a problem, John. You've been moved. I also added Topcraft to the list.

Terry would you add me to the list, as I have some items that can go away
Thanks

I'm in again if you would please. Just remember not everyone has a Big lathe and mill. But many things can be used for both. and some things that are not lath or mill get a lot of use also. If it is like me I may watch what some of the people in the list are working on, and try to throw a small something in that they can use. Or I see something in the box and can throw something in that will work with it I will go for that. There was something I though of the other day, that I though well maybe throw a picture in and if they wanted it they could contact me and I would ship it to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back