Pass Around 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
hehe - I stuck that 'IF Lost, return label' on it around two years ago, it's held up pretty well I'd say...

It took a hard hit on the conveyors or got dropped. One of the edges it 'nicked' pretty good.
We need to slather this puppy in heavy stickers - make it easier on the handlers. I was talking to our neighbor last night and she was explaining the POs lifting rules to me.

Your previous post appears to be missing some photos...ahem!

Your previous post appears to be missing some photos...ahem!
"ahem"?
1523373545895.png

Finally, this morning with a cuppa, I sat down and started going through it, and then the phone went off.
Trying to rescue the 'books' CD. I went to copy that off first thing and it's not wanting to read MBsR#3. It's rather beatup.
If I can retrieve #3, I'll re-burn the disc and find a fresh case for it.
Tried (2) machines so far, going to have to fire up my 'rescue' system on the bench and see if I can retrieve it there.

What in the devil are these used for? I can't figure 'em out.
1523374263117.png

"ahem"?
View attachment 264637

Finally, this morning with a cuppa, I sat down and started going through it, and then the phone went off.
Trying to rescue the 'books' CD. I went to copy that off first thing and it's not wanting to read MBsR#3. It's rather beatup.
If I can retrieve #3, I'll re-burn the disc and find a fresh case for it.
Tried (2) machines so far, going to have to fire up my 'rescue' system on the bench and see if I can retrieve it there.

View attachment 264644

Deburring tools... there are blades in the box for them, also...

(I had to use my google-fu to figure it out...)

-Bear

View attachment 264644

I put those in the box.
You are missing the center cutter piece. They are for deburring a hole on the inside of a tube. It will deburr through holes on both sides in one pass.

I have the CD books on my desktop still, I'll burn a new one when the box makesit back to me, if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

EDIT:
I sent middle.road the book file

Last edited:
Cooter and I have the files taken care of.
I ran all of them through an OCR program so now the text is real and searchable. Except for Page #76 in Vol.1 for some odd reason that I couldn't figure out after (6) tries.
I'll be burning an new CD tomorrow (if RL doesn't interfere) and I've got a slighty 'tougher' case to house it in, so maybe it won't get so badly dinged up in it's future travels.
I haven't heard back from the next member on the list yet. . . Sent PM two days ago.

*EDIT* - Attempted to convert the PDF files yesterday to an epub format for use on eReaders. Didn't turn out well at all. As they say, PDF is a 'Final File Format...'
Going to have to contact the next-next member on the list. I didn't hear back from next person.

Last edited:
Box is off - on it's way to my old stomping grounds. Dropped it off yesterday.

Kept a bunch of miscellany.
I want to know who knew I was in need of a alternative method of crank the knee on my mill? -Thank you.
The drill adaptor will make it a lot easier cranking the table up & down.
I'm curious to try out the 'oblong' cutter & see how it works.
I repacked the loose stuff and organized a bit with zip lock baggies. -OCD.
Burned a new disc for the books. Stored it in a thinner case with felt protectors.
I put both versions on the disc, the original scanned PDFs, and the OCR'd ones that I did up. The OCR'd ones are searchable now within a PDF reader.

1524060956108.png

Last edited:
I see you have the oval hole drill I put in the box, I have a few more, I haven’t tried them myself

Box is off - on it's way to my old stomping grounds. Dropped it off yesterday.

Kept a bunch of miscellany.
I want to know who knew I was in need of a alternative method of crank the knee on my mill? -Thank you.

You're welcome... I bought that off ebay, then discovered it won't fit an Enco mill.

My loss, your gain!:cool:

-Bear

You're welcome... I bought that off ebay, then discovered it won't fit an Enco mill.

My loss, your gain!:cool:

-Bear
Thank you Bear!
It's been getting a workout the last few days. The Ryobi drill I'm using seems to be about ready to give up the ghost.
Need to find an Ol' 1/2" low RPM variable speed style at an estate sale or something...
I'm also kicking around brazing a socket to a handle of some sort.
My crank handle is worn out. I keep 'touching' it up with a file but haven't got it right yet.
Always slips out on the fourth or fifth rotation.

I found the box sitting on my step when I got home. I'll have time tomorrow to open it up and see whats inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back