Pass Around 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The box just arrived. I've got a lot of crazy going on this week, so it'll be a day or so before I can get around to opening it.

Wow. Updated the Google Map tracker today. Our little box has travelled 6,500 miles so far. Any guesses on what the final mileage will be? Closest to the final number without going over gets a free one year membership! Enter your guess now in the sticky. Pass Around Members 2020/2021 only. Entries after Christmas Day will not be included in the competition.
Bryan,
Please put "update Geo Tracker" on the action item list.

USPS sure is slow! It's been in transit 6 days to the next destination

USPS sure is slow! It's been in transit 6 days to the next destination
Unless there's been some weather or something between Texas and Michigan, something physically may have happened to it (e.g., dropped, damaged). The "if found return to vtcnc" labels inside and out were all intact and I used about 1/4 roll of packing tape on it, so it should be okay, but let's hope it's still en route to Michigan.

Probably going right by house, en route, :grin: this very minute!!

1617029218014.png

Screenshot of tracking

I had a hectic week last week and just couldn't get around to updating. It went out one pound heavier than it came in, and it went out last Tuesday, but the current update just says arriving late, with no indication whether it made it out of Texas yet or not.

So this is what I took out:

20210322_204614[1].jpg
I know the tiny mic probably isn't very good, but I remember going to Woolworth's as a very young child, and I had to keep it (it's also OMG sooo cute). And strangely I have a helicoil tool with no coils and have been needing a drain punch thing for a project; and I have some giant end mills that are too big for my Bridgeport collets, so thanks to the contributors of those items.

But especially, thank you to the contributor of...well, now you're going to have to endure a story to find out.

A pretty crazy storm was blowing through. I had the box packed like an 80's Tetris master and then went out to my garden after the storm and found this:
20210322_170116[1].jpg
I couldn't leave it to die, so I went in, opened the box back up, undid all my careful cramming, and took out these as well:
20210322_204744[1].jpg
After an hour of using the safety scissors and some cuticle scissors, and a very patient snake putting up with me accidentally poking it a few times, it was free. It even let me hold it for a minute while I checked for injuries.
20210322_174342[1].jpg
Yes, I was the little girl that brought home every stray or sick animal. I've stopped bringing them all home, but I do try to be a good steward for those that are already living on my property, invited or not.

So there you go, the pass around box has now saved a life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back