Pass Around 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just recently bought a bunch of annular cutters. All of them have 3/4" shanks with two flats 90º from each other. Both cutters in @Jackle1312's photo seem to have a third (Weldon?) flat halfway between the usual flats. Those flats also have what look like setscrew dimples added. The 1/2" diameter cutter does look a bit odd, because the business end is narrower than the shank. Notice that the 20mm cutter is equipped with a slug ejector pin.

Box arrived today!

Attachments

• IMG_20210419_143152952.jpg
    IMG_20210419_143152952.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20210419_144132785.jpg
    IMG_20210419_144132785.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 51
This is what i took out. PM'd Cadillac for his mailing address yesterday. I believe he is next. Hope to send the box tomorrow - at least it will be ready before then.

Attachments

• IMG_20210420_171406040.jpg
    IMG_20210420_171406040.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 36
Hey! Glad someone is getting some use out of those tool holders! I got them basically unused from an old machinist's estate sale as part of a big lot, but never ended up using them. I always felt super bad about it since they are pretty high end (Carboloy and Kennametal). I never found the inserts to them either though, but I was never well motivated.

I think we need to read the rules again!!
Especially #8

I think we need to read the rules again!!
Especially #8
OK ... clarification is needed here. I read rule #8 as discouraging content description at the time you load the box. Thus, not spoiling the surprise for future recipients. I definitely agree with this principle.

I had NO IDEA it was meant to be "forever." This interpretation bothers me, because when somebody says "Thank you," it's only natural to want to say "You're welcome."

Might we get a clarification from @vtcnc?

OK ... clarification is needed here. I read rule #8 as discouraging content description at the time you load the box. Thus, not spoiling the surprise for future recipients. I definitely agree with this principle.

I had NO IDEA it was meant to be "forever." This interpretation bothers me, because when somebody says "Thank you," it's only natural to want to say "You're welcome."

Might we get a clarification from @vtcnc?
The idea is that a picture should only appear on an item when it is being removed. Brockwood posted the entire contents of the box in a post, so the next person in line doesn't get the benefit of 'surprise' if they had seen that photo.

Saying 'thank you' after the thing has been removed is perfectly OK, but we shouldn't be showing what we're putting into the box (either adding ourselves, or replacing).

Brockwood posted the entire contents of the box in a post

Saying 'thank you' after the thing has been removed is perfectly OK, but we shouldn't be showing what we're putting into the box (either adding ourselves, or replacing).
OK. I think I understand. I didn't see his "original" post, just the edited one ... so I missed what you were reminding him about.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back