Pass Around 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed rule 8. I did review this thread from the beginning. Most show what they took & some show what they added. None show how much can be stuffed in the box. That was a fun picture to take, but rules is rules. Box weighed 44 pounds when I shipped it.

Received the box Friday cardboard box looked like it was ripped open and taped by the post office. 0ED41683-5146-490F-B628-18B64E486020.jpeg
I just wanna say this is the second time I have participated in this and I would have to say this is one of the coolest things to do. I had to explain it to my 8yr old he was just amazed that someone sent us this box of tools and then when I loaded it up he was sad that we just couldn’t keep all of it. He’s just like dad when it comes to tools and such.
This is what I grabbed. Someone must have know I needed this style tool holder. Turns out I have 4packs of kennametal inserts I had from a previous auction now I can put them to use thank u to whomever. I have the larger set of the pliers and they are great so the little ones should be real useful. And the track wheels those will get used real quick thanks.
2E9F60ED-773A-49FB-A3EA-21B5377C9C7F.jpeg
The other pieces are things I don’t have and can use thank you all so much and can’t wait till next time. Be safe
Oh nogoingback pm has been sent.

I have a set of those (Knippix?) Pliers in my toolbox, and I love them. I think they will rightfully get a lot of use for you!

So glad the box finally made it to Cadillac after sitting in Chicago so long. This is my 1st Pass Around. I hope for many more! It really was a challenge in the sense that I didn't want to seem greedy & then realizing there was no way the items I wanted to give wouldn't fit. But seeing some of the things I added all ready in a proud new owner's hands feels great!

The box is on its way to nogoingback. I should have thought to video bringing the box in the post office and the look and language that the postal lady had for me. Their counter heights are about 4’ with a 6” wall around the counters. Scale is behind the 6” dividers. And with COVID plexiglass everywhere. So I have this box on my shoulder I walk up and warn her it’s heavy. She had me walk over and slide it on the dividers to her as she starts directing it towards the scale and I help her pushing as she’s pulling and directing. Well a corner gets to the scale and when she gets the other corner on and the weight hits the scale it topples over the scale and the box. :eek:
She starts cussing omg what the hell you have in here. I told her it’s part of a group that sends tools in the box around the country. Then she goes on her rant this is ridiculous someone is gonna get hurt blablabla. I said politely it is under the max limit so if you have a problem you need to talk to the post office. Give her alittle of her own;). She was snappy processing it and giving my receipt but it was hilarious walking out hearing her omg this is ridiculous with every inch she moved that box.:cool: Good times

I once had 7 x 70lb boxes sent to me USPS. They would not deliver them, so, I went & picked them up myself. Afterwards, I asked to see the manager (I wanted a discount for doing what they were paid to do). The manager refused to see me. In delivering this box, I skipped that satellite & went to the main office. They did much better than Chicago's hub. Let us all hope this boxes' journey has Godspeed here on out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back