Pass Around 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! Yeah, it's the dominant eye... :( Good thing they heal fast once you get the crud out... I'm stoked for the match in Puyallup this weekend, it's going to be the royal deluxe in terms of COF setup and loot! I have only two competitors in my division, so I can only drop as low as third unless I drop my gun mid-stage. :faint:
What type of competition do you shoot, gun and caliber? I compete High Power Rifle Mid Range (500yd) F-TR Class. Next match is July 10th.

What type of competition do you shoot, gun and caliber? I compete High Power Rifle Mid Range (500yd) F-TR Class. Next match is July 10th.
Right now I'm shooting IDPA pistol, and I have a uncommon ability to clean targets in the BUG division, which is why I have only 5 competitors out of 150, with just 2 others in my class. After this match, I'm going to give PRS a try, it's kinda new and fairly popular. My true love for the sport is NRA highpower long range. I also like F open and F/TR very much. I was very active in Reno before I went back overseas for a 7-year haul, but I haven't blown the dust off since I've been back because access to long range sucks from the peninsula where I live in spite of several good ranges is the greater area. If I can work out the logistics, I'd be back on my bolt guns in a heartbeat (or as long as my last pound of Varget lasts). Highpower I shoot a Krieger-built Eliseo tube gun in 6mmBR, and F-class I use a PSS in .308 for 600. It's tough to keep the second one supersonic at 1000. I've also started to take interest in 20 caliber because of the short ranges nearby. I need something that reacts to wind in order to get my thrill, because there is no challenge to punching holes at 200 with a laser. Anyway, my wife has been supportive of me getting back into the sport, so I've been trying to take advantage of that.

I have thought about shooting hand gun comp, but I have so much invested in FTR. I also shoot .308 Win. 185gr Jugs, Lapua Brass, and Varget. I kick myself ever time I pick up my 8lb jug. There was no competitions last year and I thought I was good on powder. Then when it finally opened back up I was shocked that I only had 18oz left. At 66-88 rounds per match, I burn threw it pretty fast. Talked with the people at Hodgdon and they say we will have some Varget late in the summer. I hope so.

I don't know of any matches on the Olympic side, but for 500 yard there is Machias (Lake Stevens), for 600 there is Cascade and for 1000 you have to travel to the East for Rattlesnake. Maybe we will see you at one of these.

The box was in my mailbox when I got home this evening after being in So Cal for the weekend. Took a quick look and laid some stuff aside to potentially keep. Will go through it tomorrow to make final decisions on what to keep.

Woah! We finally made it all the way through?! Crazy!

Still has to be sent back to vtcnc for the final mileage tally. I will be sending the box back the next time I go to town. Probably sometime next week. 25 mile drive for me to go to town.

This is what I am keeping.

View attachment 370654

The box is going back to vtcnc next time I go to town.
The small Jacob’s chuck (NOS) was gummed up when I got it with other items and I cleaned lubed it. Never been used to my knowledge. The high strength bolts came from the estate of a famous drag racer and spectacular fabricator.

I inadvertently omitted one of the change gears that went adrift on my bench. I assume it came from the same set. I have PM‘ed @pontiac428 but haven’t heard back. I’m MORE than happy to ship it to any on this list who could use it.

What is the teeth on the change gear? If John doesn't want it and if I don't have that I gear I would like to get it. I'll pay for the shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back