Pass Around 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is why I made such an effort to make it LOOK light weight when I took it in, It was so much fun to watch the face of the clerk when she tried to pick it up to put it on the scale. First she tried to chastise me for all the HEAVY stickers on the box. Till she picked it up.. OK so I am easily amused.....

I forgot to add the heavy stickers to it.

Didn't have them when I got it. But I warned the clerk that it was heavy and asked if they wanted me to put it on a cart for them. She said as long as it is less than 70 lbs then it wasn't necessary.

I just smiled and left. I should have remembered the stickers, would hate for someone to be injured because they were not aware of the weight.

I forgot to add the heavy stickers to it.

Didn't have them when I got it. But I warned the clerk that it was heavy and asked if they wanted me to put it on a cart for them. She said as long as it is less than 70 lbs then it wasn't necessary.

I just smiled and left. I should have remembered the stickers, would hate for someone to be injured because they were not aware of the weight.
Yea, if there had been a sticker I would have known to bend at the knees :grin:
there actually WAS a ” sticker on there

Box shipped out to the next participant yesterday. I hope I didn’t mess it up too much with the Tig welder. I included a helpful note on the inside of the lid as it appears I wasn’t the only one to miss a little detail… :grin:
I will post a photo of the loot I extracted. What a fun thing. Thank you folks!
Rick

Alrighty, box arrived in darn good shape! Small snafu with the post office, I had to go get it, but they didn't charge me any extra (shrug).
Kitty approves...
IMAG1081.jpg
Arrived safe!
IMAG1082.jpg
So the bolts were originally Allen head, but now they're "Allen Hex" (semantics, you know)...
...which is a good thing, because it just so happens I have a set of genuine Allen Hex drivers!
IMAG1083.jpg
I'll get to picking through this weekend, post up my scores, and send it off to mickri first thing next week.

My work and family stuff has been a little distracting. I apologize for procrastinating of posting the photos of my loot!
one of the very most fun aspects of these tools are that I will think about you folks when I use them. I love the older micrometers and they work out well since my users tend to be metric And modern. I have a “thing” for scales and the metric-imperial one made in England is neat, never saw one like it and having worked for an English firm for around 25 years that makes it an even cooler keepsake which will be used.

I don’t know about the crazy cutter, when I find a 20mm R8 tool holder it’s going to make some chips. I’m guessing they will be well distributed around the workshop. The small v-block will be super useful in fixturing. The file (single cut) is just the kind I like to use on the lathe which uses them up after a while. Today I used the file two 12” x12” 3/8” plates. Tiny reamers are neat as are all the other goodies. Thank you folks! I’m not near up to the task of packing the box, I filled it up but had a lot more that could have gone. I really enjoyed the whole process.
15992CFD-2C85-46C6-AE2C-311824C74520.jpeg

I second Cadillac's view! Though, I had no idea of how my contributions might be received, I have enjoyed seeing other's proud to have them!

It’s also fun to see who takes what you’ve e put in and how long it takes. The center section of your photo is from me I hope their all useful to you. :beer:
I needed an extended reach pipe tap recently. I’m assuming it is an eighth inch npt. Those are common fittings here in the shop. Combined drill-countersinks are interesting. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back