Pass Around 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what i took out of the box. Ive been looking for little indicator like that one. If i remember i think it is suppose to a tenth reading? Unfortunately it is broken but i will look into seeing if i can get it repaired. Looks like @vtcnc is next on the list. Since his address is on the box i will get it ready to go out unless he was only on the list for a return trip. Just let me know.
I've never seen an indicator like that before. The repair of which would make a nice little project thread (hint-hint).

Sorry guys. I got delayed. We received our new couch and also the box i brought home ripped when boxing the PA box up. Unfortunately they put away the boxes in my post office at night so it limited me.

Received yesterday! Unfortunately, I absolutely destroyed my back two days prior. My wife is staring at me in an unforgiving manner while I stare at the box in a longing way.

Give me a couple of days before I tear into it!

Received yesterday! Unfortunately, I absolutely destroyed my back two days prior. My wife is staring at me in an unforgiving manner while I stare at the box in a longing way.

Give me a couple of days before I tear into it!
Ouch.. Find a pool, go swimming. The action of floating and moving helps, and the cooler water will help cut the inflammation (discs) while doing so.
I often find if I can swim, it helps. I know it might be too painful to think about, but it really can help.

My back is about 80% - good enough. "I can't fight this feeling anymore!"

Here is my haul:

IMG-2394.jpg

I needed some small dowels for a couple of little fixture projects I am working on, the heli-coils will come in handy soon, the shop made lathe dog - I saw that one in the box last year and passed. I did a project his year where it would have been extremely useful, so I grabbed it this go around as I will probably make another similar part this year. The end mill is a 1/2" 4 flute, I needed another one so why the heck not. The odd ball is the little bag of burrs - these will come in handy on another project I'm working on, someday, but in the meantime my son is currenlty working on his airsoft gun and these will do the the trick for some of the fine dremel work that needs to be done.

I was truly amazed a couple of things: a) how well packed the box was and b) how much was packed in the box. For fun, I unpacked everything and laid it out on the workbench. The contents covered my 60" x 18" workbench! Yes, I have a photo but I'm not breaking the rules and posting it here!

The box is in excellent condition. Thanks everyone who has put in the extra effort to make repairs as needed during the journey.

One last thing, as one of the mods on this project, I have permanently removed a couple of items that have been in the box for at least the last two years. It's time for them to retire and go to the big scrap yard in the sky. I hope nobody is offended by this but it does keep things fresh and people interested as new things pop up and you don't see the same thing over and over. This will be especially important as the box remains in perpetual motion as we continue the game.

@OCJohn - the box is out the door tomorrow! You are next!

I sometimes wanna join a 3rd time but im tapped out! I hole those little burrs work great for you. I have a bunch still for sale even but i figured a nice little throw in.

I sometimes wanna join a 3rd time but im tapped out! I hole those little burrs work great for you. I have a bunch still for sale even but i figured a nice little throw in.
Where did you get those burr bits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back