pawn shop finds

jam

Active User
Registered
ok today I took a day off

had to go to the bank to get some cash on the way to the bank I seed to myself lets go to the pawn shop
so to the pawn shop I go and what did I see a brow and sharp caliper IMG_0197.JPG
4 $35.00

looking and I see a mitutoyo IMG_0188.JPG and looking I see a spi 12'' IMG_0193.JPG and a set of 123 blocks

I offer $ 75.00 4 all he said no so I was looking at a Empire 12 in. Combination Square and a old file

so I took it all back to the register and said I give you $85.00 he said no he said $95.00 I said no how about $90.00 I he said yes so I got it all 4 $90.00 did I do good ???

IMG_0197.JPG IMG_0188.JPG IMG_0193.JPG

the brown - sharp needs a crystal msc had it $ 12.80 got it on the way not bad at all

Lucky you :) All the pawn shops I've managed to locate here seem to have mostly jewlery and a couple of token power tools in the corner....

I'd love a pawn shop that haggles, the only one here has silly high prices and they never come down more than $5 on a mic listed at 60.
nice finds, i think you did well.

Nice find. I never find any machinist tools at our pawn shops and we have quite a few. For what it's worth. My brother-in-law manages a pawn shop and he said for the most part, a pawn shop will ask four times what they gave for something, hence the ridiculous high prices, this leaves a lot of wiggle room to negotiate. I get ridiculously low prices at his pawn shop, but he rarely has anything I need.

A guy told me he got a good mike cheap by telling the pawn broker "Too bad it's metric". Of course,the pawn broker didn't know the difference,and sold it cheap.

A guy told me he got a good mike cheap by telling the pawn broker "Too bad it's metric". Of course,the pawn broker didn't know the difference,and sold it cheap.

ya the 123 blocks he ask is that a paper weight :roflmao:

When I read this thread I thought I would send an email to some local pawn shops. I found 4 or 5 with email addresses that were within 50 miles. I asked each if they had any machinist tools. One responded, said he had a pair of vise grips.

Back