Personal protective equipment

Very sorry to hear about this.
I am wishing you a speedy and full recovery!

-brino

Thank you for your support It's warming
We have battery grinders now
grind a contact surface and if it is not possible look away from the battery when connecting the batteries cables

Hope all goes well with your vision.

So sorry to hear this happened. I truly hope your vision is restored once you heal up.

Wow, thankfully you didn't get hurt worse. Hope you have a quick recovery.

Ugh, best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Many years ago I was stopped at a traffic light and there was a stalled car in the next lane over. When I looked at the person who was checking under the hood I saw a pretty girl blowing on a small flame coming from her battery. I immediately pulled over, jumped out of my truck, pushed her out of the way and slammed the hood closed. While she was yelling at me for doing that the battery exploded. I'm not sure if she ever realized what could have happened but I'm glad I stopped.

Battery acid is nasty stuff, take good care and follow the doctors orders.

John

Take care and follow the doctors orders,
Battery acid is bad, it will eat metal so it does nasty things to skin or anything else,
Wife got lucky one exploded on here in while was gone, but she did did not get hurt, but did a number to the engine compartment by the time I got home a week later it was even worse.
Again take care and speedy recovery

I was in the work/study program in high school my senior year. I walked into "Beetles, Buggies and Bajas" for work one day, just in time to see my boss unhook the battery charger from a battery that had been cooking for a while. Apparently, he did not turn the charger off, OR recognize that the battery was overcharging (gassing) pretty good. The spark created when he broke the connection ignited the hydrogen, and the battery exploded in his face.

He almost literally dove into the slop sink next to the bench, washed/rinsed for a good long time, and then went home for the day.

I do not know who got the most lasting impression, but I still remember cleaning up that mess, and vowing to never let it happen to me.

Best wishes on your recovery.

Back