Philips #0 & #1 Screw Drivers - Need Some New Ones

+1 for Vessel JIS screwdrivers. I got mine from Amazon.

Also like Wiha and Bahco. Years ago I got a Mac tools insert driver that had a posidrive bit in the set. That was much better than a Philips bit.

Thanks all! I guess I have a few choices to put on my Christmas wish list :)

Over this side of the pond it seems we have three cross point types of screw driver point.
Phillips , Pozi and electrical ( ISO ?? ) which is has a sharp point rather than a slightly rounded end like the Pozi & Phillips , it's easy to use the wrong point and ruin the screw head .

I'd get a set of Phillips and a separate set of Pozi drives that cam in for tightening and a set that cam out for undoing if i had the need and the dosh to pay for them .
However that is expensive & diamond impregnated ones do the in & out very well , but in these days of hardened screws even the diamond impregnated tips wear away after two or three years of reasonable work , if they get used many times a day their life is a matter of only a week or so .

Currently I have both a Phillips & a Pozi set as diamond impregnated replaceable tips & use a 1/4 " socket drive set that has a 4 & a 10 inch extension bar in it as the screw driver handle along with a 1/4 ratchet screw driver body and a 1/4 " x 3/8 " ratchet as well as a set of electricians cross point 30.000 volt insulated screw drivers.

About a week ago I collected all the cross point tips I could find in the " Office " that I have accumulated over 50 or so years of engineering of one sort or another and carefully looked at each one under a back lit 4" magnifying glass . This little exercise has resulted in me throwing out around 140 worn or damaged tips and then taking the time to clean ,read the designation and sort them into a Phillips box and a Pozi drawer , there must still be a good 80 or so assorted tips for me to play with .

Back