Picked Up A New Toy, Uh Tool, Today

blimey Jim, you must have a much more profitable second career as a lady's professional companion if an hours work and $75 of stuff gets you that! What a score!

<Insert inappropriate comment here> :grin:

This stuff just kind of finds me and follows me home. This was offered to me a couple of years ago, and at that time I had no use for it, so they set it on the back shelf. Now I do have a use for it and I just built a small drill fixture for them, sooooo. I've equipped most of my shop by wheel'n deal'n.

Vertex is a good rotary table. I would caution that I have never found a rotary table that is perfectly square when in the upright position,when compared to good Starrett and perfect old Brown and Sharpe squares. So,don't assume it is when you are doing something serious. Probably necessary to do a bit of shimming.

Vertex is a good rotary table. I would caution that I have never found a rotary table that is perfectly square when in the upright position,when compared to good Starrett and perfect old Brown and Sharpe squares. So,don't assume it is when you are doing something serious. Probably necessary to do a bit of shimming.
Good point, I'll have to check mine as I assumed it to be square.

Very good brand, very good unit,goes well with a stepper, but it may have some backlash which is always a problem for CNC. You may be able to adjust most of the lash out.

Cheers
Roger

Very good brand, very good unit,goes well with a stepper, but it may have some backlash which is always a problem for CNC. You may be able to adjust most of the lash out.

Cheers
Roger

I'll hang a high resolution encoder on the table it's self for position feed back in a closed loop system. I may use a 1 micron Renishaw ring type magnetic scale. Similar to the stepper system I put on the Z-axis on my mill, it holds +/- 0.0001 consistently.

I have all of the parts in stock, I'll post the build in another thread when I am able to get to it.

Now “you want” to buy a car, camera, TV, and? from Japan. I can remember toys from Japan made out of beer cans.

The Japanese bought scrap pre-litho "tin" sheet steel & printed on the back side thus the strange inside images. I remember when they were new.

Back